2021 Top 30 Prospects

Tony-OH

15 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Gotta think that Neustrom, Haskin, and Watson will be 3 of the last 4 in the top 30. Mundy got hurt but it was late, still it stole a bit of his thunder. It’s a good thing that there are legit prospects to still dip down into the DSL for as well. 

Haskin, Hernaiz, Mundy, and Peek in some order is my best guess.  Tony is not high on Neustrom or Watson.  I can also see a 2021 Draft Pick like Donta Williams sneaking in there.  Solid defensive outfielder who put up a very good walk to strikeout ratio in Delmarva. 

• Upvote 1

The good thing about this list is I think we’ll see only AR, GR, Lowther, Bautista, Bradish, and Baumann graduate. We already have the #22 and #46 ranked players internationally all but signed with us. Plus we have 3 picks in the top 40ish with the top bonus pool. Also, at the deadline next year we could actually have trade chips(based on performance) in Sulser, Mancini, and Santander. 

We’re likely going to end up drafting pretty high in 2023 based on 2022. 

The system will be absolutely loaded and 2023 will be the year our window opens up. So you’re entering 2023 as an up and coming team with the top farm system behind it. Hopefully, this sets us up for a fun 7-10 year run to make up for all the losing since the WC game in 2016. 

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Gotta think that Neustrom, Haskin, and Watson will be 3 of the last 4 in the top 30. Mundy got hurt but it was late, still it stole a bit of his thunder. It’s a good thing that there are legit prospects to still dip down into the DSL for as well. 

Haskin is the one that I'm surprised isn't in the top 26.  He's shown very good ability to get on base, and is young enough at 22 to add more muscle on his 6'2 frame and improve on his XBH's.  

19 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Haskin, Hernaiz, Mundy, and Peek in some order is my best guess.  Tony is not high on Neustrom or Watson.  I can also see a 2021 Draft Pick like Donta Williams sneaking in there.  Solid defensive outfielder who put up a very good walk to strikeout ratio in Delmarva. 

Good call on Donta Williams. Haskin and Watson might be suffering a bit in the rankings after watching a guy like McKenna struggle so much at the MLB level. Maybe Lamar Sparks cracks the top 30 after a resurgent/breakout year. 

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Not listed in our top 30, but fwiw...

I really enjoyed Eric’s reporting while he was at OH, but he’s unfailingly optimistic on all prospects.   I happen to have high hopes for Acevedo, but I wouldn’t put much stock in Eric’s tweet.  

I’ll say this — he’s put on some good weight since we signed him.  As I recall he was really skinny when he signed.    The sound off the bat there was loud.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

I really enjoyed Eric’s reporting while he was at OH, but he’s unfailingly optimistic on all prospects.   I happen to have high hopes for Acevedo, but I wouldn’t put much stock in Eric’s tweet.  

I’ll say this — he’s put on some good weight since we drafted him.  As I recall he was really skinny when he signed.    The sound off the bat there was loud.  

He once tried to convince me a 23-year old undrafted catcher in the GCL who was hitting well was a legitimate prospect. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, bobmc said:

A little something something on Heston Kjerstad's swing;

Not sure this blurb from the Eutaw Street guy makes sense:

“Ultimately the potential I think the Orioles have in Kjerstad is a perennial everyday contributor who protects the middle of the lineup very well, has a floor of 30 bombs a year, maintains a .400 OBP and ranges just north of a 100 OPS+. But there will be a stark decrease of funny memes from the Oriole’s outfield. And I’m more than okay with that.”

https://eutawstreetreport.com/prospect-profile-heston-kjerstad/

How does 30+ HR and a .400 OBP equate to an OPS+ just north of 100?    That would be 120 at least, if not higher.  

33 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not sure this blurb from the Eutaw Street guy makes sense:

“Ultimately the potential I think the Orioles have in Kjerstad is a perennial everyday contributor who protects the middle of the lineup very well, has a floor of 30 bombs a year, maintains a .400 OBP and ranges just north of a 100 OPS+. But there will be a stark decrease of funny memes from the Oriole’s outfield. And I’m more than okay with that.”

https://eutawstreetreport.com/prospect-profile-heston-kjerstad/

How does 30+ HR and a .400 OBP equate to an OPS+ just north of 100?    That would be 120 at least, if not higher.  

I like how they are all lined up to the side watching each other's efforts - lot of camaraderie!  I like not having the MLB team around - who needs them anyway at this point?  Our hopes are in Adley, GRod, Hall, Stowers, etc.  Eventually, the "big" team and all of its flaws will be exposed and ruin our everyday discussions.  Am I pathetic or what?  

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...