2021 Orioles #13 Prospect - Jean Pinto - RHP

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

Do you think he starts in Aberdeen next year?

He should.  Does he really need to go to Delmarva, where he kind of dominated, just to check a certain IP box?  

He has good upside and Aberdeen, even if it is a pitchers park, represents a much bigger challenge.  Be great to see him there and see how well his stuff plays up.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Tony, how much projection do you think is possible with his fastball.  On one hand, he’s still very young but he’s also “small” (of course, so was Pedro).

Can he add a few ticks and be consistently 94-96? 

Yeah, it's hard to project more velocity for a 5-11, 20-year old pitcher, but its not totally out of the question. Pinto uses his fastball pretty effectively despite the mediocre velocity, but his ranking is all about his two plus off speed pitches. His numbers were really some of the best in the organization when it comes to swing and miss.

He's got a floor of a multi-inning reliever even with the 92-93 MPH fastball.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Pinto is very exciting. I am not surprised by him here and would have voted for him had he been paired with someone other than Hernandez who I just don't know enough about. 

Ditto.  I think Pinto deserves to be about here.   I'm surprised by the Hernandez ranking, but now I'm going to read that write-up.  

Pinto is an example of why I’m so quick to hope Elias trades someone like Cole Sulser, or Paul Fry before his blowup. Elias does really well on the returns we get. Especially the secondary pieces as throw ins. It’s spilled milk, but imagine if DD would have gotten more DSL types back rather than relievers/5th SP/Util guys, all that we’re just going to take up 40 man spots. Those potential DSL guys might be in AA right now. 

11 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Pinto is an example of why I’m so quick to hope Elias trades someone like Cole Sulser, or Paul Fry before his blowup. Elias does really well on the returns we get. Especially the secondary pieces as throw ins. It’s spilled milk, but imagine if DD would have gotten more DSL types back rather than relievers/5th SP/Util guys, all that we’re just going to take up 40 man spots. Those potential DSL guys might be in AA right now. 

Welp he did grab Carmona and Encarnacion.  ?