Out of Tony’s top 9…

Sports Guy

5 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Hall has tremendous upside but also tremendous downside risk. Pitchers are inherently risky, plus he's had some injuries as well as command issues. Multiple ways for his career to go south as much as I am rooting for him to succeed.

It is mostly the injury risk that worries me with Hall.   My biggest goal for him in 2022 is just get through the year healthy.   His command issues could put him in the bullpen, but I truly believe that if that’s where he winds up, he’ll be a Hader-level reliever so long as he’s healthy.   Nothing wrong with that, though I’m hoping he’ll be a TOR starter.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I dont really feel we need to attack our prospects, all of them have a weakness or deficiencies that they need to work on. I was going to go with Hall but he has probably the highest ceiling out of all of them. 

It’s not an attack.  Odds are, several of these guys won’t make it.  That’s just reality.

4 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I dont really feel we need to attack our prospects, all of them have a weakness or deficiencies that they need to work on. I was going to go with Hall but he has probably the highest ceiling out of all of them. 

It’s weird that people are viewing this as an attack or macabre. I’m sure nobody thinks they’re all gonna be major leaguers with successful careers. 

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s not an attack.  Odds are, several of these guys won’t make it.  That’s just reality.

No a few or more wont, but why point it out and state the obvious. The top 9 are all in that phase when everything is pointing up.  We'll all see soon enough who will make it or not.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jabba72 said:

No a few or more wont, but why point it out and state the obvious. The top 9 are all in that phase when everything is pointing up.  We'll all see soon enough who will make it or not.

I don’t see why we can’t talk about which ones we have the most concern about, just as we can talk about which of the lower rated guys we think are most likely to make a big jump.