I'm already over this offseason.

Moose Milligan

Just now, Pickles said:

Yes, those weird ass interpretations of applying logic to your posts.  The gall!

The Siemen signing is proof that the Rangers are stupid.  Nothing more and nothing less.

Where you in my E-Rod this summer?  I don't remember.  Did you put a number out there then?

I think I've been pretty clear in regards to what just happened with the Semien signing.  It seems like you're the only one here who's having a hard time grasping what I've stated.  CoC seems to get it.  SG seems to get it.  OsFanSincethe80s seems to get it. 

I've got no idea what I said or didn't say about Ed-Rod this past summer.  

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

What?

The Semien signing is proof that you don't have to be in some sort of a "window" to go out and make a signing in free agency.  Do I think the Rangers just made a bad signing?  Absolutely, I do.  But the idea here is that if the Rangers, who won 60 games last year, went out and signed Semien for 7/175, we absolutely could have and SHOULD HAVE signed Ed-Rod to whatever deal he got from the Tigers...another terrible team who's attempting to make themselves better.

All of these teams who are practically just as bad as us are trying to make themselves better.  Some of the signings they've made are good, some of them are bad.  But at least they're trying.  

I don't believe that Ed-Rod was ever on our radar and it's stupid that he wasn't.  Yes, I'll complain about that.

Looking forward to your weird-ass interpretation of my post.  

I'd say the same thing about Stroman, though it remains to see what kind of contract he will get.  Rebuilding should not preclude the team from adding a good player when the opportunity presents itself.  They need starting pitchers for when they compete, Rodriguez can't pitch every day. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Again, it’s more than that.  It’s just the simple concept of trying to get better and not accept losing.  Free agency is one of those ways but there are others. 

You are fine with losing and being pathetic.  That’s fine.  I was for a few years as well.

Im not anymore.  It’s perfectly understandable why people are fed up with it.

I'm fine with the Orioles going about a logical process.

Not knee-jerk overreactions because people got fooled by a SSS in 2020.

I'd like to see the O's get better.  I'm not against FA signings.  I'm wary of them as history shows.  But I'm not outright against it.

But using terrible FA contracts as cudgels to berate the O's process is just not convincing.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You mean 2 contracts that did absolutely nothing to hurt the franchise except poor spending?  

Nothing about those contracts prevented the Os from doing anything.

Ok but until ownership changes the fact is they will only close the purse strings after a bad free agent signing.

I wanted the Orioles to be on E-Rod and Matz, but for whatever reason Elias is sitting on his hands again. And we’ll keep waiting on the promise to spend $$$ when the O’s become competitive once more. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think I've been pretty clear in regards to what just happened with the Semien signing.  It seems like you're the only one here who's having a hard time grasping what I've stated.  CoC seems to get it.  SG seems to get it.  OsFanSincethe80s seems to get it. 

I've got no idea what I said or didn't say about Ed-Rod this past summer.  

Isn't that convenient?

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

All of these teams who are practically just as bad as us are trying to make themselves better.  Some of the signings they've made are good, some of them are bad.  But at least they're trying.  

Hmm, don't quite see the logic in "trying" if the signing a team makes is a bad one. Throw money out there and see what sticks? Sounds like what the MFYs do. 

11 minutes ago, now said:

Hmm, don't quite see the logic in "trying" if the signing a team makes is a bad one. Throw money out there and see what sticks? Sounds like what the MFYs do. 

I agree, I said that the Rangers made a bad signing but they think they're doing something good.  That's their prerogative.  And that is what the MFYs do, they can afford to do it.  Rangers, I'm assuming, not so much.

11 minutes ago, Pickles said:

OK, so I understood it pretty f-ing well then, and your snark was more than misplaced.

Got it.

I don't even know what we're arguing about anymore.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I agree, I said that the Rangers made a bad signing but they think they're doing something good.  That's their prerogative.  And that is what the MFYs do, they can afford to do it.  Rangers, I'm assuming, not so much.

I don't even know what we're arguing about anymore.

That's because your position is inherently illogical and when someone speaks logic to it,  you can't get over the cognitive dissonance.

So once again, the Rangers did something "good" by making a "bad" signing?

That is oxymoronic.  

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Go look it up if you're so worried about it.  Onus is on you to look it up if you care so much.  But you'd be the only one on here who's so concerned with what people were saying on here 6 months ago.  

Your position then is basically the O's should ahve given E-Rod a blank check.

That's a reasonable position that is in touch with reality.

28 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I'm fine with the Orioles going about a logical process.

Not knee-jerk overreactions because people got fooled by a SSS in 2020.

I'd like to see the O's get better.  I'm not against FA signings.  I'm wary of them as history shows.  But I'm not outright against it.

But using terrible FA contracts as cudgels to berate the O's process is just not convincing.

If you think what they are doing is logical, I think you skipped the day of school where they discussed what logic is.

There is nothing logical about tanking for the 4th straight season.