MLB Lockout Thread

Can_of_corn

Just now, Pickles said:

That's a different issue  now isn't it?

The fact is inflation is 7.5% right now.

Demanding a 10% raise because of inflation isn't going to work for anyone, even ball players.

I'm guessing some folks can get away with asking for inflation +2.5% pay increase.

If you had an in demand skill set and could prove you were in the top .1% of your field.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Sure.  And inflation doesn't "cut" your salary either.  Only your boss can.

I don’t see your point. Salaries increase over time. They should, at minimum, increase with inflation. 

But inflation is irrelevant here. What’s important to compare is how salaries are increasing when compared to revenue. That clearly is not matching up and the owner’s refusal to have it match is why we don’t have baseball. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

I don’t see your point. Salaries increase over time. They should, at minimum, increase with inflation. 

But inflation is irrelevant here. What’s important to compare is how salaries are increasing when compared to revenue. That clearly is not matching up and the owner’s refusal to have it match is why we don’t have baseball. 

The bolded suggests you do see my point clearly:

Inflation is irrelevant to the discussion here.

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

MLBPA doesn't have the media stooges that MLB does to put a shiny veneer on their lousy offers. These posts from individually players give a valuable player prospective. My guess is that these posts are vetted by MLBPA who may find it more valuable for info to come from the voice of an actual player rather than leaked to the media for the sake of authenticity. It is unfortunate that they hurt your feelings. Perhaps a safe space is in order.

Try not to be a condescending jerkoff. Telling me to find a safes pace is being condescending and considering the shit I've done in my life, you can take that somewhere else. 

Secondly, getting pissed off by something and having your feelings hurt are two different things. I realize that's a foreign concept to someone with your lack of self awareness since you belong to the woke crowd.

I suggest you don't reply because it's taking everything I have not to give you a break for being so disrespectful to me. TRUST me, you want to walk away. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Looks fair to me.   Sign it and let's play ball.  

Yes, we already know you don’t really believe in workers getting a fair share of revenue. 

if you’re the product driving massive revenue increases, and your pay isn’t increasing at even a small percentage of the revenue increase ….it’s not a fair deal. 

heck the players aren’t even asking for 50%