Reed Trimble to miss most of 2022?

Sports Guy

On 12/6/2021 at 6:50 PM, Can_of_corn said:

It's not the worst thing but it's a pretty bad thing.

Even with a full recovery he's going to be 23 just starting his career as a pro.  It's going to be an uphill battle for him even if things go right here on out.

It wasn't going to be an uphill battle without the injury?  If he fully recovers then he's still the same player with the same skills and ability as before just a year behind.  In the end he's either good or not.

Just now, RZNJ said:

It wasn't going to be an uphill battle without the injury?  If he fully recovers then he's still the same player with the same skills and ability as before just a year behind.  In the end he's either good or not.

Sure, it's an uphill battle for almost everyone.  But the gradient is a more steep now.

I don't think it's as easy as "either good or not".  He can be better and still have to deal with the age issue.  "Sure he's having a good season but he's three years older than player X".

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure, it's an uphill battle for almost everyone.  But the gradient is a more steep now.

I don't think it's as easy as "either good or not".  He can be better and still have to deal with the age issue.  "Sure he's having a good season but he's three years older than player X".

Age issue?  He's gonna be a year late going into his first minor league season.  You think the Orioles are going to treat him differently because of age if he performs?

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Age issue?  He's gonna be a year late going into his first minor league season.  You think the Orioles are going to treat him differently because of age if he performs?

I think that if you have two players that are playing at a similar level you go with the younger player.  I think that if you have an older player performing at a slightly higher level you go with the younger player.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think that if you have two players that are playing at a similar level you go with the younger player.  I think that if you have an older player performing at a slightly higher level you go with the younger player.

So if Reed Timble is 25 at AAA and Player B is 24, you think the Orioles would promote the 24 yo player first even if they feel Trimble is the slightly better player?  Let's agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

So if Reed Timble is 25 at AAA and Player B is 24, you think the Orioles would promote the 24 yo player first even if they feel Trimble is the slightly better player?  Let's agree to disagree. 

OK.

If you want to act like age isn't a significant factor in player evaluations have at it.

BTW, he's more likely to be two years behind and not one.  He's probably going to be starting at a lower level in 2023 then you would expect from a college player in their first full season. 

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

OK.

If you want to act like age isn't a significant factor in player evaluations have at it.

BTW, he's more likely to be two years behind and not one.  He's probably going to be starting at a lower level in 2023 then you would expect from a college player in their first full season. 

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

OK.

Age is a factor.  Any smart evaluator is going to make allowances for the lost time due to injury.  Due to Trimbles pedigree and high draft status it will be 95% about how he performs post injury.  I love your new math.  An injury with a recovery time of 6-9 months is now going to cost him two years.  You couldn't just agree to disagree.  Now you're just saying dumb stuff.  

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Age is a factor.  Any smart evaluator is going to make allowances for the lost time due to injury.  Due to Trimbles pedigree and high draft status it will be 95% about how he performs post injury.  I love your new math.  An injury with a recovery time of 6-9 months is now going to cost him two years.  You couldn't just agree to disagree.  Now you're just saying dumb stuff.  

You think that if he misses the entire 2022 season that won't effect his initial placement in 2023? 

Do you think Elias is going to be aggressive or conservative in his placement given his past history?

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think that if he misses the entire 2022 season that won't effect his initial placement in 2023? 

Do you think Elias is going to be aggressive or conservative in his placement given his past history?

He most certainly would have started in Delmarva in 2022.  If fully recovered in 9 months he will most likely start 2023 in Delmarva. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, tt835 said:

Anyone know what his status is now. He hasn't been in the lineup this week and I was at the game last night and he wasn't in the dugout. 

Listed as "active" on milb.com.    Maybe he was sick and stayed home.   No idea.