Nobody Can Convince Me That the Orioles Infield is not Dramatically Better..

Eli Eon

Scouts aren't stupid. They already know the Tejada's defense is suspect as he had been replaced by three different guys who all look better out there. His value is already diminished. Moving him won't matter at all, other than help this team win more games.

Are you serious? Since when was he replaced??! He's on the DL!! Scouts aren't stupid, you're right, but HE IS NOT A BAD DEFENDER! He is, at worst, average. And when teams entertain the idea of trading for him they're thinking about his BAT, not his GLOVE.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you serious? Since when was he replaced??! He's on the DL!! Scouts aren't stupid, you're right, but HE IS NOT A BAD DEFENDER! He is, at worst, average. And when teams entertain the idea of trading for him they're thinking about his BAT, not his GLOVE.

Uh, somebody else has been playing shortstop while Tejada was on the DL hence he was "replaced." What part of that use of the English language is incorrect? I want better than average defense out of my shortstop period. I won't settle for average and I hope the Orioles management decides to upgrade defensively at short. Tejada is not good enough defensively as far as I am concerned, and I think many have seen it to be evident. I am certainly not in any hurry to see him out there once again. The defense has been superb during his absence.

If 9 midget Luis Hernandez' played a game against 9 Angels from heaven who would win?

If Hernandez were to fight a hurricane who would win?...but what if the Hurricane's name was Luis?

Luis Hernandez never sleeps.......he waits.

Luis Hernandez can slam a revolving door.

Luis Hernandez got so mad when McDonalds wouldn't serve him an Egg McMuffin at 10:35 he threw a basebal so hard at it that it turned into a Wendy's.

When taking the SAT if you just write "Luis Hernandez" in the essay section you'll score 1,600.

Uh, somebody else has been playing shortstop while Tejada was on the DL hence he was "replaced." What part of that use of the English language is incorrect? I want better than average defense out of my shortstop period. I won't settle for average and I hope the Orioles management decides to upgrade defensively at short. Tejada is not good enough defensively as far as I am concerned, and I think many have seen it to be evident. I am certainly not in any hurry to see him out there once again. The defense has been superb during his absence.

You saying replaced is an obvious inference that they purposefully removed him from the lineup in order to plug in these defensive masters. Which is just stupid.

Good Heavens, its a good thing Eli Eon wasn't on the board when he had Jose Leon etc. on our team.

We've been waisting roster spots for years on major league players when we had Jose Morban and Gary Gates Jr. ;)

Uh, somebody else has been playing shortstop while Tejada was on the DL hence he was "replaced."

You said "They already know the Tejada's defense is suspect as he had been replaced by three different guys who all look better out there"

Which is failed logic. Tejada wasn't "replaced" because his defense is suspect, he was "replaced" because he broke his damn wrist and was not able to play. This had absolutely nothing at all to do with his defensive abilities.

I want better than average defense out of my shortstop period. I won't settle for average and I hope the Orioles management decides to upgrade defensively at short.

So you insert a black hole into the lineup just to save an extra run maybe every five games or so. Makes perfect sense to me :rolleyes:

Tejada is not good enough defensively as far as I am concerned, and I think many have seen it to be evident. I am certainly not in any hurry to see him out there once again. The defense has been superb during his absence.

Tejada's defense has never been bad enough to warrant a change. Take a look at Soriano. He wasn't a good second baseman. In fact, he was a bad second baseman. And he got moved. That's what typically happens to guys who can't field their position. BJ Upton is another example. And when you're dealing with such a premium defensive position like short stop, NOBODY is going to leave a guy out there if he's having trouble with the glove. There are plenty of places to put a guy who can hit but can't field, but Tejada ain't one of them.

If 9 midget Luis Hernandez' played a game against 9 Angels from heaven who would win?

If Hernandez were to fight a hurricane who would win?...but what if the Hurricane's name was Luis?

Luis Hernandez never sleeps.......he waits.

Luis Hernandez can slam a revolving door.

Luis Hernandez got so mad when McDonalds wouldn't serve him an Egg McMuffin at 10:35 he threw a basebal so hard at it that it turned into a Wendy's.

When taking the SAT if you just write "Luis Hernandez" in the essay section you'll score 1,600.

Classic. Now that I think about it, I can see Luis Hernandez as the love child of Mike Ditka and Chuck Norris.

Luis Hernandez once ordered a Big Mac at Burger King.......and got one.

We've found the weapons of mass destruction - He's Luis Hernandez.

Luis Hernandez IS what Willis was talking about.

Luis can judge a book by it's cover

Luis Hernandez can win at solitaire........with only 31 cards

Kryptonite was found to have traces Luis Hernandez' DNA in it. That's why it's so deadly to Superman.

When Luis Hernandez does division there are NO fractions.

The term "dead ringer" was coined because a person sitting next to Luis Hernandez left his cell phone turned on during a meeting.

I'm sorry, I like Hernadez. He had another good night at the plate and in the field. Do I think he should replace Tejada? Of course not. But I really like watching him bucking the trends, even though I know it frosts Drungo's shorts.

Hell, so what if it doesn't mean anything that he's batting .300 and playing the hell out of shortstop. Let's enjoy the ride. He'll be back in Norfolk on Friday.

You know what's awesome? The title of this thread, specifically, "no one can convince me." Why the hell are you starting a debate where you've already admitted your position is absolute? Your position is so perfect it doesn't even require evidence beyond "it's my opinion, and you're a stupid doo doo head if you disagree!" Get off message boards, you clearly just want to agree with yourself in isolation.

Interesting thread.

I say interesting because nobody has advanced the argument that the 12M man, Miguel Tejada, is a better defensive shortstop than nobody Luis Hernandez.

Great game tonight, and a great performance by Luis Hernandez in an Orioles win.

You mean your obsession with trying to prove me wrong when I am oh, so very right on something?:rolleyes: You might just need to face the possibility that you are wrong about this and deal with it instead of blasting me for posting a very valid and pertinent topic, just because you differ with the viewpoint.
Given the same 8 other players, it is an inarguable fact that the team is better with Tejada at SS than with Hernandez at SS. There is absolutely no arguing this.

Also, with the same 7 other position players, I'd still say its a landslide to have Tejada at SS and Huff/Gibbons at DH than Hernandez at SS and Tejada at DH. Unless Hernandez can play the infield well enough to cover both the SS and 3B postions at a gold glove level enabling us to have 4 outfielders, theres no way he his glove can make up the gaping difference between his and Miggy's bat.

If you can't be convinced otherwise, then you are just being stubborn and closeminded, not to mention completely wrong.

I think you are being blinded by your apparent allergy to Luis Hernandez. Please try to read posts before you ridicule them. I didn't say anything about Tejada being "disposable." I did not say Hernandez turned Brian Roberts into Eddie Collins. I did say and I will say again that Roberts has been playing harder and better in the field lately. All I'm saying is that I enjoy watching Hernandez play the field and I'd like to see him kept around rather than Bynum and get an occasional start because Tejada needs rest anyway in order to make him a better player. If he goes into a prolonged slump at the plate like we all expect, he'll go back to the minors, but why not ride the hot hand for however long it lasts? It's not like we've been having great results with the guys our scouts have assessed to be great talents. We have a number of guys on our roster who don't legitimately contribute anything of value to a major league team. Great defense may not be a lot, but it is something.
Agreed . I'll take Hernandez' glove over Huff's Gibbons or Bako's bat.

You saying replaced is an obvious inference that they purposefully removed him from the lineup in order to plug in these defensive masters. Which is just stupid.
Thre's nothing obvious or stupid in his use of the word.

re·place (rĭ-plās')

tr.v., -placed, -plac·ing, -plac·es.

To put back into a former position or place.

To take or fill the place of.

To be or provide a substitute for.

To pay back or return; refund.

One might might question your understanding of the definition.

Archived