Nobody Can Convince Me That the Orioles Infield is not Dramatically Better..

Eli Eon

Miggy has been slightly above average this year and for his career.

Hernandez is better than him defensively.

So, yes the OF defense is better with Hernandez in there but its not bad when Miggy is in there.

Statistically, yes, he has been slightly above average, but he is a lot more frustrating to watch (and probably to play alongside) than most "average" shortstops because many of his mistakes are mental and come at very inopportune times for the team. I am content to let Miggy go back to being the starting SS when he returns, but I do think he needs more rest than he (obviously) was getting during the streak and it would be refreshing to see Hernandez out there once a week or so while he DHs or takes a day off. I would much rather have Hernandez on the roster and coming in as a defensive replacement than Bynum because at least he does one thing very well.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean your obsession with trying to prove me wrong when I am oh, so very right on something?:rolleyes: You might just need to face the possibility that you are wrong about this and deal with it instead of blasting me for posting a very valid and pertinent topic, just because you differ with the viewpoint.

Like I said in the other thread, I'm giving up trying to convince you of anything. You're right, the sky is green.

Miggy is not "bad" at his position and most teams probably don't give a damn how he is at short as long as he's not horrendous, which he ain't.

He may not be bad be isn't as good as three guys we have on the team. That is forth best on your own team which in my estimation is not good.

Wow. I mean, just wow. Luis Hernandez, the random minor league filler, the guy we picked up for 75 cents, he of the .574 OPS in AA, the same guy who only got promoted because of multiple injuries and a complete lack of organizational depth... this guy is so spectacularly awesome that not only does he make a former AL MVP disposable, but he's turned a very good defensive player in Brian Roberts into the second coming of Eddie Collins. Or maybe Nap Lajoie. Just wow.

How long until we put his number out in the courtyard behind center field? Do we dare wait until next week? Or by then will his powers have become so Godlike that he'll strike us all down for our tardiness?

Drungo, don't you see, we can't afford to not get rid of Tejada at this point. I mean he is an average at best hitter, his defense gives up 2-3 extra runs a game, and hes far more expensive. I mean if Hernandez doesn't pan out, theres always Bynum, Gomez and Fahey.......

Given time all of them could develop into 360. OBP/110 RBI/30 HR guys.....

You just aren't getting it my friend. I know we haven't been a winning team in what 11 years? But at least half of those are Miguel's fault. When Bordick was our SS, I hear that Tejada (when in town with Oakland) used to steal his cleats and game glove, just to hurt our defensive production.

He may not be bad be isn't as good as three guys we have on the team. That is forth best on your own team which in my estimation is not good.

Something isn't right. Fahey, Bynum, and Hernadez shouldn't be in the Majors and you think they are better for the team than an All-Star SS?

Drungo, don't you see, we can't afford to not get rid of Tejada at this point. I mean he is an average at best hitter, his defense gives up 2-3 extra runs a game, and hes far more expensive. I mean if Hernandez doesn't pan out, theres always Bynum, Gomez and Fahey.......

You just aren't getting it my friend. I know we haven't been a winning team in what 11 years? But at least half of those are Miguel's fault. When Bordick was our SS, I hear that Tejada (when in town with Oakland) used to steal his cleats and game glove, just to hurt our defensive production.

I'm going to stop posting on this thread. It just got ridiculous

If we fielded seperate teams for offense and defense like football, I'd be inclined to not play Miggy at short (or at all).

But your shortstop bats in this game. I don't know how Miggy would fare as an outfielder, and neither does anyone here, so we certainly shouldn't move him there to display his talent. Not only that, but a shortstop with Miggy's numbers is far more valuable than an OFer with Miggy's numbers. If we moved Miggy to left field, then other teams would see it as us not trusting his defensive abilities at short, thus hurting his trade value.

And all that said, none of the other guys we have on our team provide a good enough defense to justify them being in the lineup every day. I'd LOVE to see a guy like that on our team, I think it would make the game a lot more exciting to watch. But the fact is when dealing with all-field, no-hit short stops, you really need someone who is beyond exceptional with the glove; what we have are a bunch of guys who are, at best, very good.

You mean your obsession with trying to prove me wrong when I am oh, so very right on something?:rolleyes: You might just need to face the possibility that you are wrong about this and deal with it instead of blasting me for posting a very valid and pertinent topic, just because you differ with the viewpoint.

I think he meant since you started that other thread, the one about Belanger and Robinson, posted in the previous thread "All fans of Miguel Tejada," a therad about Luis Hernandez, etc. all with the same general idea behind your posts: the Orioles are a better team without Miguel Tejada playing shortstop. You could have easily posted this in one of those other threads, but instead you made a new thread.

On a side note, is anybody else filling their ignore list quickly this season? I didn't have anybody on it 'til this season, and now I have 8 or 9. :eek:

On a side note, is anybody else filling their ignore list quickly this season? I didn't have anybody on it 'til this season, and now I have 8 or 9. :eek:

I haven't added anybody new, but I have noticed an influx of people that wouldn't have lasted here 2 years ago when the rules were being very strictly enforced, you know?

I mean he is an average at best hitter, his defense gives up 2-3 extra runs a game, and hes far more expensive.

Hyperbole, MikeAD is thy name!

I hate using internet acronyms but ROFLMAO!!!!! You think we can just bring any player up from AA (where they werent even hitting well!) and watch them blossom into hall of famers, just because they had some time to develop in the majors? Then why the hell do we not have a bunch of guys like that already? Jay Gibbons has been here for so long he oughtta be a 50 HR kinda guy!

I'm starting to wonder if I'm being made a fool taking this post as serious. Yeesh.

EDIT: Okay I see that that was a joke post. You had me going there for a second!!

Archived