Are we really not signing anyone else?

NelsonCruuuuuz

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m more interested in how the players we currently have play than who else we might acquire.  The former will determine how this season goes and what the future of the team looks like.  The latter is largely irrelevant.  

This is also what I'm most interested in.  The top prospects of course but also extremly interested to wastch the youngish pitchers.  IMO the year after their first extended MLB experience will give us a better indication of whether they have a future than at any other time.  The know first hand what it's like, what they need to improve on to succeed and an offseason and spring training to make adjustments.  

52 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m more interested in how the players we currently have play than who else we might acquire.  The former will determine how this season goes and what the future of the team looks like.  The latter is largely irrelevant.  

Succinctly put.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm holding out for Colby Rasmus to come out of retirement.

There’s competition now with Buck back in baseball for his services. Orioles will have to outbid the Mets to land Rasmus. 

The reaction of outraged Orioles fans on Twitter and OH almost makes me want to see him signed to a minor league deal. 

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

That's a problem.  The Orioles should have added someone who mattered this off season.  You don't build a contender over night.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

That's a problem.  The Orioles should have added someone who mattered this off season.  You don't build a contender over night.

Agreed. There may be examples of teams counting on prospects to develop completely before heading into the free agency market, but I imagine that it's more of a combination of prospects, trades and FA that really moves the needle.

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

So simple of a concept, but just seems so very lost on some. Would I be upset if they signed a veteran starting pitcher Like Zach Davies to a one year contract to see if he can help, no, but getting a look at the young starting pitching candidates makes more sense to understand what they got.

I'm be more excited if we were seeing Lowther, Zimmermann, Baumann, or Bradish but so far they've been MIA in spring games, but then again, so has Means and Lyles. I assume the Orioles are just trying to get them ready on the back fields vs live spring competition.

• Upvote 3