How to watch O's games with out cable or satellite service

daffy022

32 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

The mlb.com site says any attempt to circumvent a blackout results in immediate termination, a $100 fine, and that you may be subject to legal action and they may also notify the authorities. Then again, this is the same organization that decided to black out Giants and A’s games in Guam (a decision which surely was a boon to their walk-up sales).

Personally I would never use a VPN to circumvent a blackout (because that would be wrong), but sometimes I do enjoy streaming games through servers based in other parts of the country. It just makes me feel so traveled

Oh, but if they let eight people on Guam stream the A's on MLB.com, then Eddie's Carpet Cleaning and Snake Removal Service (who pay good money to advertise on Channel 42 knowing they carry six A's games) wouldn't be getting full value from their ads.  So the appropriate response is to ban all legal streaming of A's games in Guam, thoroughly annoying yet another small part of the MLB fanbase in pursuit of $4.88.

I still want to know what ill-conceived, lobbyist-drafted, spineless 14-term-legislator-sponsored law VPN streaming is violating.

As an aside, on Power Alley this morning (MLB Network Radio), they reported that Rob Manfred decided to 'tour spring training' in an attempt to reestablish (establish?) good relations with the players.  When Liam Hendricks had a chance to interact, he asked one question:  "What are you doing about blackouts?"

The reply was that they're working on it. 😏 

I just loved that a player knew what the fans are beefing about so often, and took the time to voice that complaint for us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, justD said:

As an aside, on Power Alley this morning (MLB Network Radio), they reported that Rob Manfred decided to 'tour spring training' in an attempt to reestablish (establish?) good relations with the players.  When Liam Hendricks had a chance to interact, he asked one question:  "What are you doing about blackouts?"

The reply was that they're working on it. 😏 

I just loved that a player knew what the fans are beefing about so often, and took the time to voice that complaint for us. 

And an Australian player, at that.  

On 3/29/2022 at 12:22 PM, DrungoHazewood said:

Fans: We want to watch more baseball in new and innovative ways, and we'll pay your for it.

MLB: Uhhh... no.  We'll tell you how to enjoy our product.  There's always other sports if you don't like it.

That's a great way to run a business.

This is why people like me sail the heavy seas 

Can’t wait until the outrage over the new streaming packages. The second game of next weeks Mets-Nats series can only be seen on Apple TV. Then there will be games on Peacock that are streaming only as well. Exclusive to the steaming companies, will not air on RSN’s.  

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Can’t wait until the outrage over the new streaming packages. The second game of next weeks Mets-Nats series can only be seen on Apple TV. Then there will be games on Peacock that are streaming only as well. Exclusive to the steaming companies, will not air on RSN’s.  

Wow - did not know that was happening.

We didn't have cable growing up so I remember anxiously looking at the schedule at which games would be on regular TV.  Now I've probably gotten spoiled with being able to watch every single game.  With that said, if what you state above becomes a trend, I love listening to the game on the radio as well, so no big deal there.

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

If we get to watch 150 Os games on MASN and need to have a streaming service, go to a bar, etc…to watch the other ones, that seems to be a problem a lot of people in this world would like to have. #firstworldissues