DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

19 hours ago, Frobby said:

The dual promotions to AAA are exciting news.   It’s pretty clear Elias doesn’t plan to slow-walk Hall.   I think he senses that with Hall’s injury history he should get Hall to the majors as soon as feasible.  I think the people who were annoyed when Elias left Hall in Sarasota for a couple of weeks need to reconsider.

I was annoyed. And I'm now pleasantly surprised and have reconsidered. Here's hoping he finds success in AAA over the next couple months and we see him in Baltimore before the year is up. 

20 hours ago, Frobby said:

The dual promotions to AAA are exciting news.   It’s pretty clear Elias doesn’t plan to slow-walk Hall.   I think he senses that with Hall’s injury history he should get Hall to the majors as soon as feasible.  I think the people who were annoyed when Elias left Hall in Sarasota for a couple of weeks need to reconsider.

What do you mean by this sentence, out of curiosity? 

2 hours ago, interloper said:

What do you mean by this sentence, out of curiosity? 

You dont think Hall might have a shelf life on that arm? Im not sure what to think but im not going to argue with Elias wanting him up here quickly. If Elias think he's MLB ready throwing 100 with command of 4 pitches, im not going to say otherwise.

4 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

You dont think Hall might have a shelf life on that arm? Im not sure what to think but im not going to argue with Elias wanting him up here quickly. If Elias think he's MLB ready throwing 100 with command of 4 pitches, im not going to say otherwise.

They all have a shelf life. But yeah, I was just trying to see if that's what @Frobbymeant. Of course I want him up here ASAP, and want him building innings so he can go longer next season. But does a stress fracture typically indicate a shorter shelf life for a pitcher? Honest question, because I don't know. 

7 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

What I’ve been really looking forward to is what Hall mentions - paraphrased: “he’s a difference maker back there, steals a few strikes and such, little things that make a difference for a pitcher.”

If it’s okay to talk about in this thread, since the article is here, AR’s value isn’t limited to offensive WAR and CS. It’s the way I anticipate him handling a staff and getting them strike calls they wouldn’t otherwise get and meeting up to discuss each inning with the pitcher, not to mention getting to know them all better to assist them through tough spots. 

This isn’t anything y’all haven’t mentioned before, but to hear a young pitcher mention it again gives me chills of anticipation. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scarey1999 said:

Looking forward to DL matching up against Nolan Gorman, who’s been absolutely blistering the ball thus far.  He’s about ready for a call up the the show. 

Gorman has some interesting numbers. 12 homers but only 18 RBI.  38 strikeouts in 111 PA.  He's a LHB with 16 K's in 36 AB against LHP. I'm predicting at least one strikeout in this matchup. 

32 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Gorman has some interesting numbers. 12 homers but only 18 RBI.  38 strikeouts in 111 PA.  He's a LHB with 16 K's in 36 AB against LHP. I'm predicting at least one strikeout in this matchup. 

Wow, I’d say that’s a pretty good bet. Wasn’t aware of those splits against LHP. Goodness. Knew he’d always K’d quite a bit generally. His power has never been doubted, but his ability to make contact and hit for average have.  Think he bats 2nd in the lineup so maybe a reason for the lower RBI total  

Cards fans are begging for him to be recalled with DeJong struggling at the plate so bad. 

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

Pitching on 4 days’ rest….interesting.  

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I feel like this is a big deal. It makes me think that Hall is closer than I would've expected. It's kind of the opposite of the kid gloves approach we're used to though, so I'm not sure.

But Bradish moved to 4 days rest and then got called up. Grayson is just now moving to 4 days and we expect him to get the call soon (I hope). So it sounds like they think Hall is almost ready.

• Upvote 1