Coby Mayo 2022

ChuckS

Double and 3 RBI for Aberdeen tonight.

I think the range of outcomes this year includes a possible Bowie postseason push roster with Prieto, Norby, Cowser, Mayo, Kjerstad, Hernaiz, Rom, McDermott, Povich and Grayson Rodriguez.    Few more clunkers and DL might need a step down to end his year on a good note.

Eat your heart out Trey Mancini and Mike Yastrzemski.

Edited by Just Regular

15 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

Coby with a HR, 3B and BB among his 4 PAs today. I’d hope 5 games at ABD would be enough now for “back spasms” to get him back at Bowie.  

I forgot about Mayo.  Mayo to 3B at Bowie.  Prieto takes over at SS.  Ortiz to Norfolk.  Makes sense to me.

Got himself a single and a walk last night.  So far tonight hit a hard-hit ball to the outfield that could've been a sac fly if not for a great throw to the plate.  Looks comfortable and ready to go, DHing last night and playing 3B tonight. 

Edited by justD
Not CF like it says in the box score, but 3B.
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, justD said:

Got himself a single and a walk last night.  So far tonight hit a hard-hit ball to the outfield that could've been a sac fly if not for a great throw to the plate.  Looks comfortable and ready to go, DHing last night and playing CF tonight. 

Is the milb.com box score wrong or is Mayo really in CF with Haskin at 3B?  I would think that must be a mistake. 

Just now, Big Mac said:

Is the milb.com box score wrong or is Mayo really in CF with Haskin at 3B?  I would think that must be a mistake. 

Absolutely correct. He's at 3B, as seen in the video. Thanks! (I can't give you a "thanks" rep because I've used mine up for the day :) )

1 minute ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

CF? That a first? Reading tea leaves. I wonder if they'll give him some time at first too. If he gets bumped up in a couple weeks and assuming Ortiz does too, Gunnar / Ortiz / Westburg won't give him much playing time at 3rd.

Yep. I messed that up. 

4 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

4 minutes ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

CF? That a first? Reading tea leaves. I wonder if they'll give him some time at first too. If he gets bumped up in a couple weeks and assuming Ortiz does too, Gunnar / Ortiz / Westburg won't give him much playing time at 3rd.

Box score is wrong, Haskin is in CF May is at 3b