Orioles option DJ Stewart

Legend_Of_Joey

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

So it stands to reason they will add a pitcher to the 40 man roster and 28 man roster, as there's a spot on the 40 man and Stewart creates a spot on the 28 man.

Could easily just be Watkins or Ellis. I think it'll be Watkins.

If they add Watkins or Ellis I would imagine that Kremer is going to the IL, so there's another spot.

24 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Probably nothing so dramatic as promoting Diaz.   Probably Spenser Watkins to be the 5th starter.

Yes, Watkins was on the taxi squad in St Pete, so it's likely that he'll be our starter for Tuesday night.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I feel like I should be happy about this but I’m sure the corresponding move will result in someone equally unimpressive being added to the roster. 

I doubt it’s the last of Stewart but one can hope. 

You hate to see anyone's dream come to an inglorious end...   but it's not like he didn't get a chance.

On a personal level I feel for Stewart. But from a baseball perspective, I never understood why he was on the team in the first place. He doesn't have any skill (run, defense, bat) that says major league. If you're starting Mancini in the OF, you don't have a fourth OF

4 minutes ago, seak05 said:

On a personal level I feel for Stewart. But from a baseball perspective, I never understood why he was on the team in the first place. He doesn't have any skill (run, defense, bat) that says major league. If you're starting Mancini in the OF, you don't have a fourth OF

If you are starting Mancini in the outfield why is McKenna on the roster?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you are starting Mancini in the outfield why is McKenna on the roster?

I'd have started McKenna, but I think he slots best as a PR/defensive replacement (and my guess is he'll be used when Mullins or Hays gets a day off)