Potential 1st over pick info: Druw Jones - HS

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

I doubt Elias cares a whit about “fan pressure.”   

That’s a problem, isn’t it? He has had top picks and so far looks really bad for last 2 years. He had just taken over with AR and was consensus 1 (like Jones hopefully). Take the bpa and stop making excuses for his failures. Elias draft approach is flawed. 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

30 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

That’s a problem, isn’t it? He has had top picks and so far looks really bad for last 2 years. He had just taken over with AR and was consensus 1 (like Jones hopefully). Take the bpa and stop making excuses for his failures. Elias draft approach is flawed. 

No

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

No, it isn’t a problem.  GMs need to stick with the approach they believe in.  Fan opinion should be irrelevant.  Most fans know very little, and they almost always know a lot less than they think they know (me included).

I’m not saying Elias’ approach is correct.   But I’m definitely saying that fan pressure shouldn’t sway him one iota.  

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Nope.  Just because it makes you feel bad/frustrated, doesn't mean he should care.  He was hired to do the job he/Angelos have agreed to.  The only opinion that matters more than Elias' is Angelos'.  You and I can have ours, but I don't want executive decisions based on mob rule.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, btdart20 said:

Nope.  Just because it makes you feel bad/frustrated, doesn't mean he should care.  He was hired to do the job he/Angelos have agreed to.  The only opinion that matters more than Elias' is Angelos'.  You and I can have ours, but I don't want executive decisions based on mob rule.

Well, I guess in theory their opinion matters since they own the team but I will take the opinion of most fans over what Angelos thinks when it comes to pure baseball decisions.

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, I guess in theory their opinion matters since they own the team but I will take the opinion of most fans over what Angelos thinks when it comes to pure baseball decisions.

The golden rule:  He who has the gold, makes the rules.  Us plebes can eat cake.

• 10 months later...
On 4/7/2023 at 1:28 PM, Frobby said:

Who the hell is batting for Lake Elisnore? That dude is massive for a single-A team. Awesome catch, and great he corrected after either he took a bad route or the ball got caught up in the wind, impressive either way.