Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

6 hours ago, LA2 said:

Here's a hilarious video of a Tigers fan relentlessly heckling the Orioles bullpen, esp. Taylor Teagarden: "Hey, Teagarden my blood alcohol content is higher than your batting average." It's a skill, though not one I'd like to learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeijkdSi_Ns

A friend of mine went to spring training game back when George Brett was playing.   He’d had a famous case of hemorrhoids during the previous postseason.  My friend’s buddy was in the stands near 3B while Brett was taking grounders and yelled out “hey George, how’re the ‘ROIDS!!??”   Whereupon Brett stopped what he was doing, walked over to the guy, and said “They’re good.  Real good.   Thanks for asking.”   And sauntered back to 3B to take more grounders.  

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

A friend of mine went to spring training game back when George Brett was playing.   He’d had a famous case of hemorrhoids during the previous postseason.  My friend’s buddy was in the stands near 3B while Brett was taking grounders and yelled out “hey George, how’re the ‘ROIDS!!??”   Whereupon Brett stopped what he was doing, walked over to the guy, and said “They’re good.  Real good.   Thanks for asking.”   And sauntered back to 3B to take more grounders.  

You've seen the classic George Brett spring training Vegas story, right? My wife doesn't follow baseball at all but even she was dying when I showed that to her. 

Me and some buddies went to West Palm Beach to watch the Braves in a spring training game and this was about the time that Claudell Washington had been having some issues with cocaine. Well a ball was hit down the right field line and Claudell dove for it and his face landed right on the chalk line so he had some on his face. My one buddy was pretty drunk from all the beers we were buying and he said   "Damn Claudell you'll do anything for some powder won't you" and Claudell gave him the meanest look you could imagine. I thought he was going to come over and confront him after the inning but he didn't.  

Edited by flaoriolesfan
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I thought cards weren't really a thing any more, ever since the card market crash of the early 90s made the '29 stock market look like nothing.  I gave up on cards when a buddy down the street had his dad buy dozens and dozens of full sets as an investment, making the rest of us buying packs to try get the whole thing kind of stupid.  Today those 50 1990 Fleer sets are worth, like, $100 total.  I had a Mattingly rookie card that I'm sure at one point was worth $30 according to some book, now it's what... 30 cents?

I was never a collector, but I did buy the individual packs back in the 80's.  But the big collectors started to buy up multiple sets of each year, and with no scarcity, everything lost value.  The same happened with comic books when everyone would hoard first issues of any new series.

14 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Wow, I just saw the double play he turned and the diving stop and throw on Rosario. I don't know how we can justify playing him at 3B or 2B. It's just a couple games but he has passed the eye test on defense and with the bat.

What is up with Palmer just giggling every time Henderson does something amazing? It's the best!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, LA2 said:

Here's a hilarious video of a Tigers fan relentlessly heckling the Orioles bullpen, esp. Taylor Teagarden: "Hey, Teagarden my blood alcohol content is higher than your batting average." It's a skill, though not one I'd like to learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeijkdSi_Ns

Holy crap, it was an entire family of heckler losers! :D His first couple was funny but afterawhile, who does that, especially with their kid there? I just don't get it. A solid heckle here and there can be funny, standing there and continuing if lame if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Damn, I'm guilty too. lol

Let's get back to Gunnar and stop derailing his thread please with baseball cards and heckler talk.

What if I sit behind home plate and yell out "Hey Gunnar, you need a haircut" after I get his autograph on my Gunnar Henderson rookie card before the game?