ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I grew up in Severna Park. My dad's 2nd ex-wife Anna became good friends with with Lesley Brown (Pat Sajak's wife) during ballet lessons for my sister and Lesley's daughter Maggie. Pat Sajack is good friends with Mark Teixeira's dads brother. Apparently, every other weekend while not shooting Wheel of Fortune Pat Sajack go to McDoogals Men's Club in Pasadena together. His dad's brother (Mark Teixeira's uncle) were was told by Mark he has always wanted to play for the Yankees and its only a 3 and a half hour drive. However, the Yankees are not offering the kind of money that he really wants so he is choosing between the Nationals and Orioles. This was all told at a girl's night out lastnight between Lesley and Anna when they went to see Four Christmases. Also, Lesley Brown said she would leave Pat Sajack for Vince Vaughn during the movie. This is all true how could someone possibly make this up?

LOL the only flaw in this story is that you choose McDoogals. I live right up the street from there and that place is a hole in the ground. Fantasies or The Larry Flynt Club would've been better to use.

LOL the only flaw in this story is that you choose McDoogals. I live right up the street from there and that place is a hole in the ground. Fantasies or The Larry Flynt Club would've been better to use.

Really. A BYOB strip joint is a little...okay, A LOT, low class.

Tex may have wanted to play for the Yankees when Donnie Baseball was there. But I highly doubt he'd put the Orioles as his favorite team growing up on his MLB bio if it wasn't true...

Thats one reason I'll be pretty confused if he DOESN'T sign with us. We are currently offering, at the very least, a very competitive contract. I have heard/read how Teixeira always checks our boxscore on the scoreboards at games. I have to believe he also secretly wants and hopes we win. And we've all made the connection that as a fan, he should DREAM about playing for the Orioles someday.

But where my confidence comes from right now is that if he were just another player, someone who doesn't a passion for baseball...then he probably would take the most money no matter what. In other words, I wouldn't want him if he didn't sign with the O's.

Well, if Belkast and BB both basically said the contract was being worked out, we're basically in the clear, right? Obviously, we're never in the clear until it's done, but as far as insider info goes, saying the contract was being worked out is as good as we're going to get before it's official. Am I off-base on this?

Let's not get too excited. Think how crushed we'll be if we start considering this a done deal. Let's just continue to be as pessimistic and negative as possible because we're O's fans and that's what we've been trained to do for the past 10 years :)

Well, if Belkast and BB both basically said the contract was being worked out, we're basically in the clear, right? Obviously, we're never in the clear until it's done, but as far as insider info goes, saying the contract was being worked out is as good as we're going to get before it's official. Am I off-base on this?

I wouldn't go as far as saying 'off-base'. But in the world of professional sports, a lot of things are in the works, and a lot of the time, they aren't finalized. Even if a major media outlet reports that we have reach an agreement, it doesn't mean it is finalized. I trust our insiders very much so and believe the O's currently have the inside track, but you can never be too confident in something that is 'in the works'- especially when Scott Boras is handling negotiations...

Archived