Adley, Hall to Aberdeen

Legend_Of_Joey

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’m not a fan of it either assuming that Rutschman isn’t complaining about any pain. At some point soon we need to see AR playing daily at catcher if he’s really healed up from the muscle strain.

Understand that even last year, completely healthy, he only caught about 2/3 of the time.   I doubt that changes much this year.   Next year, maybe.   

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’m not a fan of it either assuming that Rutschman isn’t complaining about any pain. At some point soon we need to see AR playing daily at catcher if he’s really healed up from the muscle strain.

Per Ellias that’s never going to happen. Catchers have more days off then any other position player, and the defense tends to hurt the offense. So the plan for Adley is to have him catch only 60-70% of the time, with him also playing 1b to keep his bat in the lineup 

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

Per Ellias that’s never going to happen. Catchers have more days off then any other position player, and the defense tends to hurt the offense. So the plan for Adley is to have him catch only 60-70% of the time, with him also playing 1b to keep his bat in the lineup 

A catcher at Rutschman's level needs to be catching around 70% of the games or a little higher. Rutschman's value comes from his excellent defense at catcher with a plus bat for the position. He isn't as valuable when you turn him into a 1B/DH.

60% of games at catcher is only 97 games a season and I disagree with that. 

7 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

A catcher at Rutschman's level needs to be catching around 70% of the games or a little higher. Rutschman's value comes from his excellent defense at catcher with a plus bat for the position. He isn't as valuable when you turn him into a 1B/DH.

60% of games at catcher is only 97 games a season and I disagree with that. 

What I heard Elias say was 100-110 games a season.   

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

My guess before the injury was Adley plays around 110 games at catcher as a rookie with additional at bats at 1B/DH on days he's not catching. 

Yeah, and that’s probably the pace he’ll play at once he’s up.   2/3 of the games at C, basically,  and in the lineup most other days.   Next year, maybe a bit more than 2/3 of the time.    

Not worried about that right now.   I just want him to stay healthy, scrape off the rust and debut in a few weeks.

Just now, Frobby said:

Yeah, and that’s probably the pace he’ll play at once he’s up.   2/3 of the games at C, basically,  and in the lineup most other days.   Next year, maybe a bit more than 2/3 of the time.    

Not worried about that right now.   I just want him to stay healthy, scrape off the rust and debut in a few weeks.

Yes, let’s get him up here. Then we can complain that he’s only playing 4 days a week. 

Last year Salvador Perez started 120 at catcher and 40 games at DH.  That’s about 75% of starts behind the plate.  I really do not see why Adley, who is seven years younger, could not handle a similar workload.  Ideally he’s playing 150+ and catching 75% of the time next year.

2 hours ago, bobmc said:

Yep.  Weather cold and each day is GTD.  I bet he's catching tonight, has 2 CS and a knock in his five inning stint.  :clap:

Oooh..prop bet...who is in the game longer, Adley Rutschman or DL Hall?    Get on it, Draft Kings.

(I am posting this 3 pages behind not knowing if in my work afternoon it has been announced Adley Rutschman's arm has been amputated in the last few hours).

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Oooh..prop bet...who is in the game longer, Adley Rutschman or DL Hall?    Get on it, Draft Kings.

(I am posting this 3 pages behind not knowing if in my work afternoon it has been announced Adley Rutschman's arm has been amputated in the last few hours).

I expect Hall to go three innings so Adley.

6 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Adley is a pretty safe bet there.  It would be out of character for the organization to let DL Hall throw five innings or more in his first start of the year. 

I might put the over under for Hall at 3 and 2/3's innings.  Elias (I think I read in an interview) said he is worked up to about four innings.