28 to 26 cutdown 48 hours away

Just Regular

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Mateo and Mancini

Well, yes.  And Nevin.  But they are playing at home and need speed in LF and CF.  That is Hays and Mullins but who is the back up.  If its Mateo then does that mean they are not going to play him at SS as much?

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Mateo and Mancini

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Have to wrap my head around this one for a while.  Who is the 4th OFer now?

I don't like this answer, but Owings has played the outfield during his career as well. Defensively there is no good option at backup outfielder now with McKenna gone. 

Just now, wildcard said:

Well, yes.  And Nevin.  But they are playing at home and need speed in LF and CF.  That is Hays and Mullins but who is the back up.  If its Mateo then does that mean they are not going to play him at SS as much?

But they don’t need a back up.  They will play those guys every day and Mateo or Mancini can spell them every once in a while.  

Its only an issue if there is an injury and if one occurs, McKenna will be right back up.  

You are definitely more focused on the OF wall thing than anyone else.

15 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Looks to me like McKenna was the guy with an option.   Apparently Elias was not ready to DFA Owings, Gutierrez or Odor  who have no options.

I can't see anyone claiming any of them.  This obsession with marginal players is ridiculous.  It was obvious that Odor was staying based on how much he was hitting.  I'm hoping a real infield prospect forces the O's hand soon as it's torture to watch O's hit with so many automatic outs in the lineup.  At least McKenna filled a role, however small.

• Upvote 1