28 to 26 cutdown 48 hours away

Just Regular

1 hour ago, TommyPickles said:

Ryan McKenna currently has the third highest OPS on the O's: .743

Rougned Odor has made an error every week of the season. Four so far.

Yeah but McKenna has one of the smaller samples of AB on the team. And he was intentionally walked once. 

Not that I agree with his demotion, though. 

It became pretty clear to me that it wouldn't be Lakins considering it's an easy option move right after he pitched. He may still be optioned for a fresh arm, but when he wasn't last night, you knew it was likely to be a position player. 

The Orioles were always going to keep 14 pitchers. As soon as they got down to 14 pitchers it was clear the rest of the cuts were coming from position players. I find it frustrating that Owings is still around. Guiterrez had clearly fallen out of favor. 

The only reason I can see for keeping Owings is his positional flexibility.  I somehow thought he was 28, found out he's almost 31.  So we're getting the decline phase of Owings.  Bring back Flaherty!  Please tell me one positive thing Owings has done this year.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The only reason I can see for keeping Owings is his positional flexibility.  I somehow thought he was 28, found out he's almost 31.  So we're getting the decline phase of Owings.  Bring back Flaherty!  Please tell me one positive thing Owings has done this year.

Owings is a poor man’s Valaika. 

23 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Gutierrez DFAd. Someone explain how Owings is still on this team. Absolutely pathetic. 

Not that Owings should still be here, but Gutierrez literally has no role on this team if they plan to look at Nevin at 3B.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Not that Owings should still be here, but Gutierrez literally has no role on this team if they plan to look at Nevin at 3B.

Yeah I have no problem with dropping Gutierrez but why option McKenna instead of getting rid of Owings? It’s like he’s this year’s Valaika, only worse. 

7 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Yeah I have no problem with dropping Gutierrez but why option McKenna instead of getting rid of Owings? It’s like he’s this year’s Valaika, only worse. 

Valaika looks like Santander or Hays in comparison to Owings so far this season. Owings has put up an 8 OPS+ granted it's only 21 plate appearances and Valaika put up a 48 OPS+ in 2021.