The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, the reason why this is such a rollar coaster is because the only thing leaking about this is through Boras most likely.

We all know MacPhail does not leak information and he prefers to keep it close hold. This is why I believe most of the national guys are considerin the O's out of it, because they are not getting anything from them and others have probably "leaked" info that says the O's are not in it.

There's too much money at stake here for there not to be some behind the scenes stuff that would give each club a general idea where the others are. MacPhail is not going to bid against himself and it the same time, I'm sure the Red Sox are telling people they WILLL sign him which is why the national press is so heavily favoring the Red Sox.

What it will all come down to in my opinion is whether the Red Sox or Angels eventually offer "ungodly" amounts of money that will go beyond anything the Orioles should even think about.

As much as Teixeira means to the Orioles orgnization, there is a price in which the Orioles have to step off because it doesn't make sense to invest that much in one player, regardless of who that one player is.

Again, Mark has to decide what his legacy will be. Will it be the guy who swooped back into his hometown and changed the perception of the organization around the league, as well being the guy who leads them back to winning ways, or does he become another in a long line of overpaid henchmen for the Red Sox or Angels?

If the money is close I would hope Teixeira takes the Orioles money and come home. If the Red Sox and/or Angels put out a lunatic offer of say $25 million a year or more for ten or so years, then it will hard to be too upset as long as we know the Orioles offered at least $20 million per year.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the sound of 24 million/year? :o
I don't care what the cost is at this point. Just let it be over.

I feel schizo on this one. $24 mm/yr is too much to pay, but the idea that the Red Sox get Tex is too depressing to contemplate. I know I'll feel disappointed if we don't get Tex, no matter how insane his contract is, and I'll be happy if we do get him, even if the deal is nuts.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=mlb&id=bos&tid=4005317&lid=10

red sox fan claiming they have a source that tex to o's is done deal

I'm not buying it. I didn't buy the last guy that posted on ESPN and I'm not going to buy this guy. Just because I hope that he's right doesn't mean I'm going to buy his information more.

They're claiming he just created his account. For all we know he could be an upset Os/Yankees/Angels fan trying to rain on their parade.

I feel schizo on this one. $24 mm/yr is too much to pay, but the idea that the Red Sox get Tex is too depressing to contemplate. I know I'll feel disappointed if we don't get Tex, no matter how insane his contract is, and I'll be happy if we do get him, even if the deal is nuts.

Yeah I agree.

The time to be upset for paying to much to land Tex is 4-5 years away. Live in the now!

Honestly, the reason why this is such a rollar coaster is because the only thing leaking about this is through Broas most likely.

We all know MacPhail does not leak information and he prefers to keep it close hold. This is why I believe most of the national guys are considerin the O's out of it, because they are not getting anything from them and others have probably "leaked" info that says the O's are not in it.

There's too much money at stake here for there not to be some behind the scenes stuff that would give each club a general idea where the others are. MacPhail is not going to bid against himself and it the same time, I'm sure the Red Sox are telling people they WILLL sign him which is why the national press is so heavily favoring the Red Sox.

What it will all come down to in my opinion is whether the Red Sox or Angels eventually offer "ungodly" amounts of money that will go beyond anything the Orioles should even think about.

As much as Teixeira means to the Orioles orgnization, there is a price in which the Orioles have to step off because it doesn't make sense to invest that much in one player, regardless of who that one player is.

Again, Mark has to decide what his legacy will be. Will it be the guy who swooped back into his hometown and changed the perception of the organization around the league, as well being the guy who leads them back to winning ways, or does he become another in a long line of overpaid henchmen for the Red Sox or Angels?

If the money is close I would hope Teixeira takes the Orioles money and come home. If the Red Sox and/or Angels put out a lunatic offer of say $25 million a year or more for ten or so years, then it will hard to be too upset as long as we know the Orioles offered at least $20 million per year.

My sentiments exactly. There has to be caution and responsibility used. After all, baseball is still a business. Clearing out the bank on one player isn't exactly good business practice.

It hasn't!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Is that enough smileys????

Can you confirm that the 9 / 216 report on the Red Sox board is substantially similar to years / numbers you've been hearing?

And if you can't say it in so many words, just post 1 smiley for "deny" and 2 smileys for "confirm". :P

I read a couple of the posts on that site and one guy says "redsoxexpert is a living legend is 100% accurate" 9/216 is a done deal? I'm guessing he is talking about us making that deal! I hope it is!

It is gaining momentum thats for sure. I actually think it sounds like a good offer. Within four years, we should be able to produce a contending team. That is plenty of time for our core fielders to enhance their game as well as our Big 3 to get the experience they need. Get it done!

I read a couple of the posts on that site and one guy says "redsoxexpert is a living legend is 100% accurate" 9/216 is a done deal? I'm guessing he is talking about us making that deal! I hope it is!

Of note, the guy saying this only has two posts.

Honestly, the reason why this is such a rollar coaster is because the only thing leaking about this is through Broas most likely.

I couldn't agree more... If Tex should not sign with us, I would much rather see him in an Angels uni than a Sox or Nats.

Exactly. We're somewhat past the point of no return. We're pawns in Boras' game, but at least the Red Sox and Angels are as well. He's playing all of us..it's a sick game, but if you're forced to play in a sick game, you might as well win it, right?

Archived