The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

It only makes sense to provide a team with one more chance to meet / beat a price - nothing magical there. I understand Tex has a 12/25 timeframe he's working on, but that's next week.

I would be shocked if he walked away from Boston with a signed deal tonight - however, Boston could very well take the 'you sign it here and now or don't sign it at all and lose this ultra-high dollar contract'.

If that's the case, I would really love to understand the machinations of Mark's mind in terms of what to do next.

Honestly, if he were to walk away from the Boston offer, I would think it's off the table and he's going to lose out on a lot of money.

The fact that AM has said there's flexibility in the offer is hardly a strong proactive approach to signing a talent like Texeria.

Nonetheless, if Boston respects a man of his word, and Tex has said he'll give Baltimore a chance to meet / beat the best offer, this could all wind up looking great for McPhail is PA has said he'll beat it in private.

Otherwise, it's back to the drawing board and I'm hard pressed to think we should not get Roberts, Huff and anything else on the 40man of value up on the trading block outside of Wieters, Markakis and Jones.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't forget Ravech's remarks about how Tex has an enormous attraction to the O's and how he keeps being drawn back to the O's. Granted, we immediately discredit anything ESPN says, maybe this one IS accurate. One way or the other, I think we should know something almost definitively by the weekend.

Guest BrettMeister86

I think now would be a good time where the veil is lifted and the insiders open up a little more and let us know "are we the other team involved in negotiations right now". Its all very mysterious and very vague we need just a hint of concrete information for better, for worse.

Ok so bigbird knew that Boras/Tex would be negotiating with Boston and as a result of his pessimism placed our odds at 0%. Whereas Belkast's optimism dropped to 50% after hearing about this. It appears Belkast may have more knowledge of the O's negotiations with Tex/Boras to be more confident with his predictions.

Heyman says it's 25-1 odds. 25-1, really? That situation fell apart quickly!

5. Orioles. There have been a lot of funny rumors lately, many of them connected to the O's. One had Teixeira spending the day at a Ravens game with O's owner Peter Angelos. If that happened there's no reason to think that would help, anyway. Angelos has been pining for Teixeira forever, but they are believed to be running behind in the bidding, anyway. Beyond the money issue, how does a player in search of a decade-long deal sign up to play for a team that hasn't won in over a decade? Odds: 25-1. :angryfire:

Source: CNNSI.com

Consider the source.....

It sure sounds like Boston and Tex are still not close in money. Maybe Boston is putting out their final offer? Maybe they can't reach an agreement and Boston pulls out??? Either way it certainly appears like this is going to be over soon.

You can't forget Ravech's remarks about how Tex has an enormous attraction to the O's and how he keeps being drawn back to the O's. Granted, we immediately discredit anything ESPN says, maybe this one IS accurate. One way or the other, I think we should know something almost definitively by the weekend.

That was just Boras' bait to get the Sox to up the ante.

I think now would be a good time where the veil is lifted and the insiders open up a little more and let us know "are we the other team involved in negotiations right now". Its all very mysterious and very vague we need just a hint of concrete information for better, for worse.

I think Belkast hinted at we are the other team since he said Tex was still here as of yesterday.

It sure sounds like Boston and Tex are still not close in money. Maybe Boston is putting out their final offer? Maybe they can't reach an agreement and Boston pulls out??? Either way it certainly appears like this is going to be over soon.

Did your source know about this prior to today?

Red Sox offer is apparently not 8/184 as reported. Looks closer to 8/160 according to this guy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AkeBjdYjN1oZ6mW3lUahBf05nYcB?slug=ge-teixeiraredsoxmeet121808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Let's step away from the ledges people, geez. We STILL do not know anything.

Wait, I thought the Sawx had offered 8/200? You mean no one has a clue what's going on?

How are you feeling about all of this?

There's a significant piece of the puzzle missing if Boston pulls out, IMO.

Unless there's something on the table from us that nobody anywhere knows about.

Archived