The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just thinking about all those stupid Sox fans in their Tex jerseys infuriates me. He's not a hometown guy and hasn't done crap for them yet. Just because they signed another big name, the feel the need to wear his jersey. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!:cussing:

Yup, kinda like when I bought a Miggy jersey...

If you really thinks that's a fair comparison you need a reality check.

Exactly, I like to think that if I had a choice between making 180 million and 200 million that I could afford to base my decision between the two on personal principle and on the best interests of my family. There is a decline in the utility of money at that level.

LOL, how could you honestly say a Red Sox fan has no idea? Remember when just a few years ago they ended an 86 year drought without a WS title?

Sure, it's been 25 for us, and 11 straight losing seasons, but hopefully we never have to endure a streak like that... if we do I will have never seen an O's championship in my lifetime, especially given my obesity. ;)

Remember - Tex has been our savior for the last 4 years.

What would we do if he decides to go somewhere else???

Perhaps it time for you to return to the Red Sox boards!:angryfire:
Why should he leave?

He has posted quality stuff, and should stay on the board long after this Tex thing ends.

Why is that? I'm simply pointing out that my take on the Red Sox strategy is plausible...and it could be successful.

Not sure why you would take offense to that?

I can understand your frustration with this Red Sox fan, but he has been respectful with his comments and he is right with that comment. You can't apply a "blanket" to anything when it comes to negotiations. If that happened, nothing would get done and there would be plenty of PO'd people both in baseball and in the corporate world.

Johnny...I realize emotions have been flaring over the last week or so, but Redsoxfaninnh has been a great contributor here since he joined here.

You may not want to hear it or even agree with it, but nothing he's said warrants chasing him off the Hangout. Relax, alright? :)

You all do realize the Teixeira is being offered way more than he is worth right? There are alot of good things the O's can do with 23 mil/yr. It's not the end of the world if he doesn't sign here.

The Orioles may not spend that 23 million a year on other things though. IMO that 23 million a year is special money for Tex only.

There you go:

The parties are meeting at an undisclosed location in Texas, the Red Sox having requested the face-to-face meeting with the player so he can hear directly from them why they believe he should spend the next eight years in Boston.

So it wasn't Boras or Tex requesting the meeting. Sounds like good news.

Red Sox offer is apparently not 8/184 as reported. Looks closer to 8/160 according to this guy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AkeBjdYjN1oZ6mW3lUahBf05nYcB?slug=ge-teixeiraredsoxmeet121808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Let's step away from the ledges people, geez. We STILL do not know anything.

The parties are meeting at an undisclosed location in Texas, the Red Sox having requested the face-to-face meeting with the player so he can hear directly from them why they believe he should spend the next eight years in Boston.

This makes me feel even better that the Sux are going to Tex to try to woo him instead of him requesting the meeting. This is the Sux making their final push...

The Orioles still have a chance.

Boston Red Sox majority owner John W. Henry, CEO Larry Lucchino and general manager Theo Epstein flew to Texas on Thursday night to meet with free agent Mark Teixeira and his agent, Scott Boras, in an effort to convince the switch-hitting first baseman to sign with Boston
And this is exactly why they are going down there...in an effort to end this now and convince him to sign in Boston.

Now, it may happen but if I had to guess, Boston is going to give them their best offer tonight/tomorrow morning....Then, Tex and Boras will present that offer to Anaheim, DC and Baltimore....Then they will say, does anyone want to beat that.

Red Sox offer is apparently not 8/184 as reported. Looks closer to 8/160 according to this guy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AkeBjdYjN1oZ6mW3lUahBf05nYcB?slug=ge-teixeiraredsoxmeet121808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Let's step away from the ledges people, geez. We STILL do not know anything.

Encouraging, but still, the news about Red Sox brass going to Texas is disheartening IMO.

This makes me feel even better that the Sux are going to Tex to try to woo him instead of him requesting the meeting. This is the Sux making their final push...

Didn't Belkast say that another team was negotiating with Tex too...:scratchchinhmm:

Archived