Our schedule with the Blue Jays is insane

Frobby

I was looking at our schedule too see when our first Blue Jays series would be, and noticed that our schedule with them is absolutely insane.   

1.   We don’t play them at all until games 63-66 on June 13-16.

2.  Then we don’t play them again until game 11 on August 8. 

3.  We play them 15 times in our final 53 games.

This is the second year in a row of playing a ridiculously unbalanced schedule against the Blue Jays.  Who the hell is making this schedule?   

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was looking at our schedule too see when our first Blue Jays series would be, and noticed that our schedule with them is absolutely insane.   

This is the second year in a row of playing a ridiculously unbalanced schedule against the Blue Jays.  Who the hell is making this schedule?   

Well, that means we'll see them with Grayson, Adley, etc up.  And Gausman's super hot start will be over by then.  He actually walked a guy for the first time all year yesterday!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Wow. I know most baseball purists don’t like changes but I’d like to see a balanced schedule for both leagues. Pardon my ignorance, but what changes can we expect next year?

7 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Wow. I know most baseball purists don’t like changes but I’d like to see a balanced schedule for both leagues. Pardon my ignorance, but what changes can we expect next year?

I understand that next year we play 4 or 5 less AL East games and then play all the NL not just certain divisions.  I think we play the Nationals still 2 home and away games.  It is much better and fairer in my opinion.  

12 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Next year and moving forward:

14 vs each opposing ALE team

6 vs each ALC or ALW team (3 home / 3 away)

4 (2 home / 2 away) vs Nats

3 vs every other NL team (home one year, away the next)

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Next year and moving forward:

14 vs each opposing ALE team

6 vs each ALC or ALW team (3 home / 3 away)

4 (2 home / 2 away) vs Nats

3 vs every other NL team (home one year, away the next)

Thank you both. It makes sense that all teams play roughly the same schedule. I think Buck was in support of this. But this is def an improvement!

Just now, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Thank you both. It makes sense that all teams play roughly the same schedule. I think Buck was in support of this. But this is def an improvement!

20 fewer games a season against the rest of the AL East is going to go a long, long way. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

20 fewer games a season against the rest of the AL East is going to go a long, long way. 

It doesn’t make a huge difference if your team isn’t competitive.  In a tight wildcard race, it might matter.   

The O's will have played the Yankees 13 (of 19??) on May 25th, that's through 45 games if I counted correctly. In any circumstances this is wrong. Teams within a division should play each other somewhat equally/quarter of the season. If a team is missing two top starters on the 60 day DL one opponent may not see the best version of that team for most the season. (Also, I'm forced to watch the O's on YES because MLB is blocked here when O's play Yankees).