Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sources have confirmed to Sons of Simmons, that the Boston Red Sox have agreed in principle to an eight-year deal with first basemen Mark Teixeira. Details are still sketchy at the moment, but it looks to be for around $170 Million dollars, not the $195 Million that agent Scott Boras was asking for. We cannot confirm, but we have heard the Red Sox did not include an opt-clause in the contract.

Just more junk but it's a slow newsday.

Whiskey

Tango

Foxtrot

Any truth to this whatsoever? What the hell is Sons of Simmons?

Sources have confirmed to Sons of Simmons, that the Boston Red Sox have agreed in principle to an eight-year deal with first basemen Mark Teixeira. Details are still sketchy at the moment, but it looks to be for around $170 Million dollars, not the $195 Million that agent Scott Boras was asking for. We cannot confirm, but we have heard the Red Sox did not include an opt-clause in the contract.

Just more junk but it's a slow newsday.

:(

This better be not true.

If we're still at a stalemate at this time next week, I'll officially declare Tex a spoiled brat. Face it, he's not the good 'ole hometown boy that most of you hoped he'd be. If he wanted to be an Oriole above all else, he'd be one by now, and he'd be compensated well.

Yeah, but of course it's a Boston media rumor site....of course they'll say that they signed him.

God I hope they're wrong...:angryfire:

Come on guys...the Sons of Simmons? Who is this? Ron Simmons? Gene Simmons? ESPN doesn't get the news, but the Sons of frickin' Simmons breaks it?

Not a change in hell. More fake news.

edit: It would be funny at (poop) if Gammons cuts into ESPN and says, Breaking News as reported by the Sons of Simmons...

Just playing devils advocate here. Why would you only go to 185?

It is not our money. I just want to see your reasoning?

Only? 185 million for 8 years is only? I would say why are we only going at 7 years at 140 million?

I say 8/185 because of what I've heard. Red Sox have a 8/170 mil offer. Nobody else has that offer as of yet. So, you go 15 million more and add a year to the contract. And you approach 200 million. It is a compromise. That's all it is.

Archived