Noah Denoyer 2022

Aristotelian

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Pitched his first rehab outing on Saturday Aug 13th. Hopefully he'll be back in Bowie soon.

Good to know. On his milb.com page there is no announcement of being placed on the injured list and I don't remember the team saying anything. Is it possible to have a rehab with no injury?

6 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Good to know. On his milb.com page there is no announcement of being placed on the injured list and I don't remember the team saying anything. Is it possible to have a rehab with no injury?

He's been listed on the Baysox roster on IL for months. Not sure how often the individual pages are updated.

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He's been listed on the Baysox roster on IL for months. Not sure how often the individual pages are updated.

Just curious, do you have a link? I went through their transactions and there was nothing in mid July when he last pitched, yet they do have the rehab appearance. It's actually been driving me somewhat crazy.

• 3 months later...
On 6/1/2022 at 11:28 AM, Tony-OH said:

I've been watching him for a bit, but just haven't seen enough yet to get me excited over him. The fastball can be bleh at times and the slider is inconsistent. Saying that, he's at least a guy i pay attention to and I'm going to take a harder look at him with Bowie since I have better video options when they are away from Bowie poor camera angles.

Revisiting this thread now that he's elevated to the Top 20, and it made me wonder if his monthly splits spiked after the first two months as he earned a nice chunk in Tony's eyes since 6/1.

April - 16/5 K/BB in 12 innings

May - 17/4 K/BB in 15 innings

June - 19/1 K/BB in 16 innings

July - 15/4 K/BB in 10 innings before the midseason interruption

August - 16/1 K/BB in 8 innings, mostly at "Easy Return from Injury" Mike Elias levels.

September - 11/1 K/BB in 8 innings

October (Arizona) - 21/11 K/BB in 20 innings against the toughest competition he's faced career to date.

He really tamped down the walks to almost zero after June, at least until when he started facing every team's Heston Kjerstad in the warm desert air.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Revisiting this thread now that he's elevated to the Top 20, and it made me wonder if his monthly splits spiked after the first two months as he earned a nice chunk in Tony's eyes since 6/1.

April - 16/5 K/BB in 12 innings

May - 17/4 K/BB in 15 innings

June - 19/1 K/BB in 16 innings

July - 15/4 K/BB in 10 innings before the midseason interruption

August - 16/1 K/BB in 8 innings, mostly at "Easy Return from Injury" Mike Elias levels.

September - 11/1 K/BB in 8 innings

October (Arizona) - 21/11 K/BB in 20 innings against the toughest competition he's faced career to date.

He really tamped down the walks to almost zero after June, at least until when he started facing every team's Heston Kjerstad in the warm desert air.

It really seems like the Orioles sent out a memo at the beginning of the year that read: "Dear Pitcher, if you would like to move through the system and experience success, throw the ball down the middle and do no walk anyone.   Sincerely, Mangement" 

Watching the Orioles this year and the Elias philosophy of throw the dang thing down the middle and don't walk anyone kind of makes me want to do the same thing with my 11u squad next season.  No inside outside, no change ups, just pump fastballs down the middle and let the kids catch the ball while avoiding walks.