MASN announcer propaganda

Tony-OH

On 6/3/2022 at 12:02 AM, Tony-OH said:

The Grayson injury is the kick in the nuts after you've been punched in the gut and mouth continually as an Orioles fan. Is it only a delay, sure. But I'm tired of delays. I'm tired of prospects coming up and not performing. Where is a our rookie that comes out the gate like he belongs?

Where are our guys just cruising through the minors like they know they will be productive big leaguers. Henderson? Ok, who else? Stowers? Streaky as all heck but I do like his talent. Hall? Great talent, injury set him back especially command wise. Cowser?? Kjerstad?? lol Even Mayo who looked so amazing last year looks a bit lost in Aberdeen. 

Pitching? You want pitching prospects when Elias refuses to draft them? Good luck finding a guy to get excited about after Rajsich's picks.

Elias has had three top 5 #1 picks and has Rutschman, Kjerstad and Cowser to show for it to go along with historically bad losing across baseball since he took over. 

How deep is the system? I have a one pitch reliever #15 right now (not including the FCL and DSL guys).

But hey, this team has fight and has come so far!! lol

And there are rumors that he will pass on the clear BPA in the draft. I have oft criticized his drafting to be ridiculed by the Koolaid sippers. And haven’t liked his trades either. 

18 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Good Lord, so much to pick apart here.

Let's start with his minor league slash over 778 minor league PAs at .282/.391/.488/.878 including a .295/.399/.480/.879 in 238 AAA PAs so not sure what you are talking about him not hitting over .250.

Right now his EV, Hard hit%, and sweet spot% percentage are all over major league average and he's major league average in K and BB %. His expected BA, SLG and wOBA are all higher than actual numbers so he's been a bit unlucky. 

Now, does he have things to work on offensively, certainly. Right now he's struggling badly with changeups and breaking pitches to a lesser extent and his approach may need to be adjusted for the major leagues unless he can become an above average two-strike hitter. 67% of his PAs have gotten to two strikes. That's way too many. He's got to learn to be more aggressive earlier in counts because pitchers are not going to make as many mistakes in the majors, particularly with two strikes.

Defensively? One of his throwing errors should have been caught by a good infielder but Owings was covering and missed the one hopper. He's got a quick release and plenty or arm strength. He'll need to work on accuracy but throwing is not going to be a big issue. 

As for pitch framing, if he qualified, he would be the 2nd best framer in baseball right now. 

Adley is going to be just fine when he adjusts to major league pitching.

Sorry that was a typo, what I was saying was with his extreme upper cut, I doubt that he will be better than a .250 hitter in the MAJORS.  And I'm not sure if "just fine" is what you want from a 1-1. CJ Abrams was my pick and I am still extremely bullish on him.

1 minute ago, webbrick2010 said:

Sorry that was a typo, what I was saying was with his extreme upper cut, I doubt that he will be better than a .250 hitter in the MAJORS.  And I'm not sure if "just fine" is what you want from a 1-1. CJ Abrams was my pick and I am still extremely bullish on him.

If he hits 250 but has a 380+ OBp and a 475+ slugging, who cares?

• Upvote 2

On 6/3/2022 at 1:04 PM, webbrick2010 said:

Adley going to "be fine"

What does that mean?

I'm not sure who scouted him, but what I see is a guy with a massive upper cut, and I'm struggling to imagine him ever hitting over .250 in the minors. So far his throwing has been a negative (2 errors resulted in two runs), and I don't give a rats ass about pitch framing or being a good guy in the locker room.

Come on everyone.  if you take anything seriously that Webbrick posts you are setting yourself up for a lot of frustration.  His posts are a parody to get under everyones skin.  As soon as a player we all are excited about he is going to make a dire prediction of his career.  "He can't throw and he will never hit about 250."  Maybe he will be correct but we will all find out in time.  He would have picked someone else.  Shocking.  Has Webbrick ever said the Orioles made the right decision?  I am sure we can find where he has written Austin Hayes off but he isn't say much about him now.   It works because he does get everyone all jucied up and there was a time where he used to get me that way.  Not for a while.  When he takes a shot at a Adley Rutchsman I take it as good news for the long run.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, accinfo said:

Come on everyone.  if you take anything seriously that Webbrick posts you are setting yourself up for a lot of frustration.  His posts are a parody to get under everyones skin.  As soon as a player we all are excited about he is going to make a dire prediction of his career.  "He can't throw and he will never hit about 250."  Maybe he will be correct but we will all find out in time.  He would have picked someone else.  Shocking.  Has Webbrick ever said the Orioles made the right decision?  I am sure we can find where he has written Austin Hayes off but he isn't say much about him now.   It works because he does get everyone all jucied up and there was a time where he used to get me that way.  Not for a while.  When he takes a shot at a Adley Rutchsman I take it as good news for the long run.

Well easy to criticize without any specifics and any opinion of your own. As a matter of fact you will not find me criticizing Austin Hays (now or in the past) because I think he is a valuable ML player. I have also always been a staunch supporter of Anthony Santander. Hell I was even a big supporter of Ubaldo Jiminez in the day, although I may have been wrong on that one.  If we were to go in the way back machine you would find that I was vehemently opposed to the trade of Josh Hader and it has turned into one of those all time worst trades. I was opposed to the trade of Kevin Gaussman but was happy to see Dylan Bundy gone.  I have been extremely critical of wasting a first round pick on DJ Stewart and then promoting him thru the system when his numbers largely didn't warrant it.

And yes I am on record for saying that Adley Rutschman is not the player that you select as 1-1. I don't care what Baseball America or anyone else says. it is my opinion. I would have picked CJ Abrams who wasn't selected until the 6th pick so clearly that would have been wrong but I expect 10 years from now I will be right. It is just my opinion. Sometimes I am correct, sometimes I am not. But at least I state an opinion instead of just mimmicking the baseball experts or the MASN news releases.

16 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

And there are rumors that he will pass on the clear BPA in the draft. I have oft criticized his drafting to be ridiculed by the Koolaid sippers. And haven’t liked his trades either. 

So, just to be clear, you’re upset about rumors about something that hasn’t happened yet?

Not to mention that (as much as I want DJ) judging a draft off a single pick doesn’t seem like good logic.

On 6/3/2022 at 3:01 PM, Tony-OH said:

It looked plenty quick and strong on the two throws yesterday just one wasn't handled by Owings.

I cringe every time I see Owings in the field or at the plate.  Richie Martin is having a good season at Norfolk; why not give him a chance to do Owings' job?  What does Owings bring to the table?  

15 hours ago, survivedc said:

So, just to be clear, you’re upset about rumors about something that hasn’t happened yet?

Not to mention that (as much as I want DJ) judging a draft off a single pick doesn’t seem like good logic.

So @Tony-OHsaid that Lee appears to be the clear BPA and he’s hearing they don’t appear to be leaning that way. Sounds like another overslot pick. Those weren’t Tony’s exact words as I was working but it doesn’t sound promising. 

52 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So @Tony-OHsaid that Lee appears to be the clear BPA and he’s hearing they don’t appear to be leaning that way. Sounds like another overslot pick. Those weren’t Tony’s exact words as I was working but it doesn’t sound promising. 

I don’t think Tony claims to have any inside info here.  

7 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I have no inside information but i said that I've read that Jones seems to be the BPA in this draft. I honestly have no idea. I don't spend time scouting guys until they are in the system.

22 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

I cringe every time I see Owings in the field or at the plate.  Richie Martin is having a good season at Norfolk; why not give him a chance to do Owings' job?  What does Owings bring to the table?  

Been saying this much of the season!🎯

On 6/3/2022 at 12:47 PM, Can_of_corn said:

We've been told the money will be there.

Yes, for years, we were always told, they had money to spend, even when the budget was pretty large.

We get lip service from the front office, but no action.

In your own heart, do you believe the money is there and Elias isnt being directive to keep the payroll low?

I do not expect to see the Orioles at the top of the pay scale, 260 mill by both the Dodgers and Mets is mind blowing.

As only a fan since 1980, I dont recall ever seeing an Oriole team, dead last in payroll.