Toronto series roster moves: Akin, Santander out, Rico Garcia/Kyle Stowers in

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

9 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

7 weeks to the Trade Deadline and the Mancini and/or Santander outcomes.    No reason to goof up the rhythm of pieces you are trying to showcase apart from these four days.    My guess is fun appetizer, but Friday night Stowers is with the Tides not the Orioles.    He can do the Crash Davis "I was in the majors for four days once, eh" thing for about 6 weeks, and let his brain reflect on what Messrs. Manoah, Berrios and Gausman can do in real life.

Makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Sure, I have no problem benching one of the "Big 5" once a week.  Nothing wrong with each of them getting an off day once a week, depending on matchups, etc.  Put him in left and Hays in CF when Mullins is off.  Put him in left/right when Hays/Santander is off.  Put Santander at DH and Mancini/MC at first when the other is off.  Easy Peasy. 

I think when they call the kid up you play him at one spot and leave him alone. 

When I've looked at the age distribution of important or semi-important Orioles, Stowers 1.2.1998 is the only Bat also on his Age-24 season this year like Adley 2.6.1998.

He enters the Show tonight with 967 PA of 258/355/487 in the Minors.

Adley's minor league career was 778 PA of 282/391/488.

I guess SLG gets a small edge on DOB in the college bats of 2019 track record similarity rating.   I do hope 2023-2026 Stowers can play close in overall value to recent Mancini, with defense helping him get there.    I hadn't really committed to memory that he throws Left also, which the video reminded me of along with the "prototypical RF" toolkit.

Obviously tonight Hays has bounced over to RF to put the lefty thrower in LF...

40 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Stowers should start every game this series, no excuse for him not to. Then, as SG said in another thread, keep him up and let him play. 

Santander is going to be the modern day Wally Pipp.  Let’s go Stowers!

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

That’s the point though. If you aren’t sitting the regulars why carry someone who is a prospect who doesn’t play?

Because your not going to sit a regular for a player with zero value. You can sit a regular with a player of value. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

That’s the point though. If you aren’t sitting the regulars why carry someone who is a prospect who doesn’t play?

Is there a reason Mountcastle’s .730 OPS and 0.4 WAR can’t sit twice a week against tough RHP? Santander and Mullins can sit once a week too. Rotate in the hot bats. Let guys understand it’s a competition. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, waroriole said:

Is there a reason Mountcastle’s .730 OPS and 0.4 WAR can’t sit twice a week against tough RHP? Santander and Mullins can sit once a week too. Rotate in the hot bats. Let guys understand it’s a competition. 

Yes. He is someone you are banking on to be more. Why would you sit him at this stage in his career?