Wednesday, June 29: Rubber Match in Seattle

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

I hate that we're going to go 2-4 against these guys. That lineup without Haniger is pretty weak.

I don't know.   Rodriguez is pretty good.   Suarez has hit 30 HRs in the past.   Winker had a great year last year.  JP Crawford is a solid hitting shortstop.  Carlos Santana plays a mean guitar.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Can we not?

This is how the process works.

Yeah, if the fight had occurred a week and a half ago, and the guys had played for the Mariners for a while during their appeal and then missed this series, would people be saying how lucky we were to get Seattle without those guys?   Or would they just be enjoying Oriole wins and crediting the O's?

4 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

This is just one of those games you lose.

Everything is just fair, nothing seems to go right for you, it happens.

I had this penciled in as a loss with Voth as the starter. I don't see why he's on the team even with the Orioles need for starting pitching. It's a shame that Vespi was terrible today though. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I had this penciled in as a loss with Voth as the starter. I don't see why he's even on the team even with the Orioles need for starting pitching. It's a shame that Vespi was terrible today though. 

Voth  wasn’t terrible. That inning nothing hit hard, better defense and he’s out of the inning giving up 1 run.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I had this penciled in as a loss with Voth as the starter. I don't see why he's on the team even with the Orioles need for starting pitching. It's a shame that Vespi was terrible today though. 
Voth actually didn’t pitch that bad at all. Crappy D and lucky bounces was his undoing.

Just now, Riggodrill44 said:

Voth  wasn’t terrible. That inning nothing hit hard, better defense and he’s out of the inning giving up 1 run.

The double wasn't hit hard?   The sac fly was 109 MPH, I believe.

Yes, there WAS a bunch of cheap crap and error too, but I wouldn't say nothing was hit hard.

2 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

True Voth wasn't terrible, but I didn't take it as a good sign for today with him as the starter. I'll be surprised if he's on the team by August unless some pitching gets traded. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

True Voth wasn't terrible, but I didn't take it as a good sign for today with him as the starter. I'll be surprised if he's on the team by August unless some pitching gets traded. 

Don't worry Matt Harvey will be here soon enough 😉 

• Haha 1