Mancini trade market heating up? Orioles willing to deal Santander? Yankees and Mets?

Sports Guy

10 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Was Mancini in RF today to show potential trade suitors he could play more than 1B/DH?

I think if you wanted to highlight Mancini you wouldn't put him in the outfield.  

And to CoC's point, I'm pretty sure that any team interested in him would be aware of his defensive shortcomings.  I don't think there's anything he could do in RF that would make him a more desirable trade candidate.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I think if you wanted to highlight Mancini you wouldn't put him in the outfield.  

And to CoC's point, I'm pretty sure that any team interested in him would be aware of his defensive shortcomings.  I don't think there's anything he could do in RF that would make him a more desirable trade candidate.  

I didn't say it was a completely logical idea. 

CoC said that teams knew what he could do in RF. I'm wondering if they wanted to know what he could still do in RF. 

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If anything it's a risk that he'll do something to show he shouldn't be in the outfield.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, oriolefan1035 said:

I’d love to be wrong. The last several years trade deadline action suggest that I won’t be. Can you point to a single rental Mancini-type hitter that has moved in the past 3 years for a good prospect?

Don’t really want to go looking, but I trust that Elias won’t just give him away. 

47 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Don’t really want to go looking, but I trust that Elias won’t just give him away. 

It sounds like multiple teams are interested in Mancini. If so, perhaps a bidding war brings his price out of "give-away" territory and we get an interesting prospect or two

5 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

It sounds like multiple teams are interested in Mancini. If so, perhaps a bidding war brings his price out of "give-away" territory and we get an interesting prospect or two

I think they get 1 in the 6-12 range and a throw in or two (nonranked younger guys)

15 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I would have to assume that Ozuna is/was a better defender than Mancini. IIRC that was the year he was busting out so I believe the Cardinals gambled that he was taking his game to the next level.  Didn’t really work out for them though. 

Either way, pretty good pull. 

Yeah that was after a really good year and in the off season too.  Not a great comp honestly but fun to dream about.