What is Your favorite pick? Least favorite pick?

It will be fun to revisit this post about 5 years from now!

Favorite pick: (I won't count Holliday at 1-1, that would be too easy). 3B Max Wagner.   No particular reason, I just have a feeling about him.   He exploded on the scene this year.  He's from a cold weather state so may be blooming later than other guys.   

Least favorite: I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't like Dylan Beavers' swing.  I think it needs a lot of help.   And there were tons of other guys we could have picked....

Walters and Showalter are my favorite two picks because of high upside.  If I have to choose 1 I will go with Walters because we got him in in 18th round and I mentioned him being a guy I would take a chance on in the rounds 11-14 and we got him couple rounds later.  He will still be over slot guy so may get mid round money.  

The least favorite was Adam Crampton though he probably just below slot guy that will be minor league depth.  I see very little upside in him though so don’t see him ever making majors or even upper minor leagues.

I wasn't crazy about Dud Fabian either....

Although anyone outside the first round is really just a lottery ticket anyway...  I guess you might as well take one with great power and see if you can help the contact rates with rigorous coaching and training....

This looks like our draft with the most potentially interesting big league players, or players to watch, who are not just clearly organizational guys.

Aside from the first four picks, you've got:

Mclean, Bright, Hodo, (Preston Johnson), (Weston), (Cheney), Showalter, (Beck), Carter Young, Andrew Walters, who all look like players worth watching with definite MLB upside if things click. 

*Players in parenthesis are ones I'm less sure about from the information on offer in their threads, but seem at first glance at least some somewhat interesting. 

Looking forward to follow these players. Those who know more than me (most everyone), what do you think, am I wrong in thinking that this draft looks perhaps the most interesting in terms of sheer quantity of potential big leaguers if things click, of our Elias drafts so far? That is my impression. ie, there have been less picks where I've read their profile and felt like okay, this is a name I don't really need to remember unless something really unexpected happens. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

1-1 pick and largest pool.

Would be bad if they weren't on these lists.

Hard to be critical of a class headlined by Jackson Holliday. But the Orioles parlayed that pick into several more high-profile selections with intriguing data and traits I feel comfortable the team can lean on as the player moves up the ladder. We’ll gloss over Holliday because, frankly, he’s immediately a Top 100 prospect and presents 5-tool upside.

19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Odd that folks need reminding.

You have the first pick and the largest pool.

You should have a very good draft.  That should be the expectation.

I don't believe anyone said that it shouldn't be expected, did they?  Did anyone say we had a great draft with poor drafting positions and a low pool amount?

Almost seems like someone being happy about someone being complimentary towards our draft makes you unhappy. 

• Upvote 1