Trade Deadline Primer/Thread

Roll Tide

So, with the Padres out on Santander. Who else is in? Do the Cardinals pivot to someone like Santander? It would seem they put some eggs in the Soto basket and while they added Quintana didn't extend for a SP with obvious hopes of adding to the lineup as well. 

Overall, I would prefer to hold Santander unless he's part of a package for a starter. 

Mancini made sense to deal and the return was better than I thought it would be. Lopez makes sense, too, even though he has a bit more controllability given the strong pen and the volatility of relievers. It appeared to be a clear sell high. Santander isn't as straightforward a trade chip to me. It'll be interesting to see if any other moves happen. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I would have topped that deal if I were the Orioles.

Gunnar, Cowser, Hall and Rom is better than Abrams, Hassell, Wood and Susana.

It is a steep price, but Soto is a generational talent and a superstar. 

So excited for Padres fans and I wish I could watch more of their games, will make an effort to see them play the O's next year whether it is in Baltimore or San Diego if the timing works and I look forward to watching them in the playoffs.

It's not at all. Abrams is one year off being a top 10 prospect. Hassell and Gunnar are equivalent, Wood is going to be a top 30 prospect on end of year rankings and Susana has huge huge helium right now.

Just now, Tryptamine said:

It's not at all. Abrams is one year off being a top 10 prospect. Hassell and Gunnar are equivalent, Wood is going to be a top 30 prospect on end of year rankings and Susana has huge huge helium right now.

I think the equivalent is something like Grayson, Gunnar, Cowser, Westburg  

2 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

I think the equivalent is something like Grayson, Gunnar, Cowser, Westburg  

I think the best decision was staying out of it. No way the Orioles would have kept Soto with the money he wanted. So to build this system and sell 3-4 top 10 prospects would be beyond stupid especially when he doesn’t make this team a WS contender right now and it would cost  $450-500 mil to keep him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Big lol on Hassell and Gunnar being equivalent. 

Edited by MurphDogg