2024 Opening Day Lineup

RZNJ

I think if that lineup ever happened, 2026 is more likely. For OD 2024 you're talking about eight guys who aren't currently MLB starters establishing themselves as MLB starters over the next ~14 months. 

Relatedly, this was an interesting image on Reddit showing each team's current home-grownness. KC had the highest, being their whole starting lineup except Michael A Taylor. But most teams seem to be between 1/3 and 1/2 homegrown in the starting lineup.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

If the Orioles do this they have failed and people still don't understand the Tampa model is about getting talent wherever possible and not living some all homegrown lineup pipe dream.

If we do imagine the all homegrown dream there's a much more realistic version that keeps Mullins, Hays, and Mountcastle. One reason the OP lineup wouldn't happen is that if Mullins, Hays, Mountcastle, Santander, Mateo, and Urias are all off the team in '24, you better have gotten some MLB pieces back in those trades! 

I think Vavra ends up as an offensive minded utility piece, Ortiz is a defensive minded utility piece, at least one of Mullins, Hays, and Mountcastle sticks around…if not all three. 2B could be any current infield prospect not named Henderson. I could even see Mateo sticking around. 

1. You forgot free agents, all homegrown world series teams don't exist. 

2. They aren't just going to yeet Mullins, Hayes, and Mountcastle in the next year and half. Not only would it piss fans off but it would be stupid. 

3. Again for the people in the back. NOT EVERY PROSPECT PANS OUT

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Orioles0615 said:

2. They aren't just going to yeet Mullins, Hayes, and Mountcastle in the next year and half. Not only would it piss fans off but it would be stupid. 

1. I didn’t forget

2. Piss people off?  Like trading fan favorite Trey Mancini and the all-star closer while the team is a couple of games out of a wildcard?   Yeah, I see your point.

3. We know.  Lighten up Leroy.

1 hour ago, Orioles0615 said:

I dont know why you got down voted, these are three very good points.

17 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I dont know why you got down voted, these are three very good points.

All I said in the op was that the odds were against anything like this but it was possible.  Just having a little fun but some nerds on here take things a little too serious, including yourself.