Scott Boras and the O’s

Frobby

5 minutes ago, JimGinSP said:

Speaking to Henderson specifically, how much influence does Boras have in guiding Henderson (and in turn the Orioles)  toward keeping Henderson at shortstop?  It would seem the ability to stay at SS dramatically impacts a future payday.   

Doubtful any at all.  

Also not sure it impacts a future payday.  Guys like Machado and Arenando got contracts every bit as good as top SS.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, geschinger said:

Doubtful any at all.  

Also not sure it impacts a future payday.  Guys like Machado and Arenando got contracts every bit as good as top SS.

I think players probably make the most money by playing the position they play best.  In other words, Gold Glove 3B > so-so SS.   Maybe Manny could have been a great defensive SS if he’d stayed at that position, but I tend to doubt it.  He got a little too big to have great range there.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I think players probably make the most money by playing the position they play best.  In other words, Gold Glove 3B > so-so SS.   Maybe Manny could have been a great defensive SS if he’d stayed at that position, but I tend to doubt it.  He got a little too big to have great range there.  

I have thought the same thing, Manny would have had to stay much slimmer than he is now if he wanted to stay at SS. Him having to play 3rd early in his career was a blessing in disguise for him imo.

49 minutes ago, geschinger said:

Doubtful any at all.  

Good points, looking at BBRef upon Henderson’s ascension to #1 overall, that Tatis jr extension scared me, 14/340 with the age 30-35 years @ 36M ea!              (Tatis is not a Boras client btw)