Perspective: August 18, 2021

Frobby

48 minutes ago, foxfield said:

This is exhausting.  Over two years calling up players early would require somewhere between 6 and 12 players.  Without looking back you have advocated for all of the following earlier than actual:

Adley 2yrs, Vavra, Stowers, Gunnar, Westbrook, Hall, Grayson 2 yrs...that is at least 9 years of service and I believe you have called for Mayo.  IF I am wrong on any of this I apologize.  I am not trying to put words in your mouth.  

My main point was and is your hang up on the Orioles are not trying to win and yet are still winning.  Apparently accidentally.

Mayo?  Wtf are you talking about?

I don’t even know who Westbrook is.  I guess you mean Westburg and yea I would have brought him up this years. That’s one year and maybe no years if he starts the year in the majors anyway.

Hall?  Huh?  I didn’t advocate for him to come up last year.  I advocated for it this year, you know when he was actually called up.

Grayson?  I guess you think Elias is a dolt because he was about to call him up too.

Vavra and Stowers are up this year, when I asked.  If they came up on May or today, the service time is the same.  Is Elias wrong for not waiting until next Late April to bring them up? 

Either you don’t understand the service time rules or you you just want everyone to be brought up next May.  Otherwise, I was advocating things when they were or did happen outside of Adley and the service time is going to end up being the same anyway.

On 8/19/2022 at 7:13 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

If a player has 2000 career PAs or 500 innings, and they're doing much better in 300 PAs or 75 innings this year how much weight would you give to this year compared to their prior performances?

This late in the season and with our guys not having as much past data to go off of,  a lot more than 3% v/s 15% in this instance.  And if past data is that much important, then why did it change to 3% v/s 6% after only 2 more games played each. That’s a crazy swing in a very short time. I think it is a horrible useless stat.

On 8/19/2022 at 5:57 PM, Frobby said:

I hate it when people give Duquette a pass.  He was the effing GM!   There’s never been anything other than speculation that the key decisions weren’t his.  At a minimum, he didn’t do enough to stop bad moves from happening, given that roster decisions are HIS JOB!   To me he was a sniveling weasel who easily bears his share of the blame for how the team was run during his tenure.   And it’s seems the industry agrees, as I haven’t seen anyone even give Duquette a job interview since he left Baltimore nearly 4 years ago.   What does that tell you?   

Hopefully we're done with the Duquettes. They've never done the O's any favors.