Albert Pujols Career Finale

Just Regular

On 9/25/2022 at 12:30 AM, Moose Milligan said:

Gotta wonder if he’d consider coming back next year at this point, especially with the NL adopting the DH. 

He probably doesn’t but it’s gotta be hard to walk away when there’s still something left in the tank. 

He looks like he’s going to need wheelchair in a couple years.  I think he is content to be done this year.  

On 10/1/2022 at 8:43 AM, emmett16 said:

He looks like he’s going to need wheelchair in a couple years.  I think he is content to be done this year.  

Every comment he's made he has said he is committed to retiring this year, he doesn't really care about the records, he just wanted to have a chance not to go out looking broken and he's done that. I imagine he'll probably retire; it's always 'one more record'. First it was 696, then 700 and now that 714 is technically within striking distance (with another full season) I can get that there might be potential media hype, but I think he's probably hanging them up after this season based on his comments. 

• Upvote 1

Fun graphic on ESPN before the Mets-Braves (tied 9-9 in season series) finale.

Most Days Between Trio First & Final Game Together:

Pujols-Molina-Wainwright 6230

Rose-Perez-Concepcion 5937

Whitaker-Trammell-Gibson 5808

Posada-Pettitte-Jeter 5507

If Grayson joined Adley-Gunnar next April, they'd need to go to about 2040, which would take Rutschman well past 40.

• Upvote 2