Albert Pujols Career Finale

Just Regular

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Albert just got 698...seems like 700 going to be a lock.

It's amazing, I never thought at the beginning of the season Pujols had a chance at 700 home runs. He's rejuvenated (read that however you wish) back with the Cardinals.

Barring some unfortunate circumstance or slump it's happening. 

41 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He was arguably the greatest player of his generation.  He did so little in LA that it’s great to see him end on a high note.

His greatness became forgotten imo. Good to see him reminding everyone in his last hurrah.

Depending on when you think a “generation” begins and ends, I don’t even think it’s arguable that it’s anyone else. Among active players, he’s 20 WAR ahead of the closest player (Trout, who I’d consider to be a generation behind him) and 33-34 ahead of the players after that (Cano and Cabrera).   The only player with more WAR that him who mostly played in the 21st century is ARod, who I’d consider to be in the generation ahead of him (debuted 7 years before).  You’d probably consider Beltre to be from Pujols’ generation, but he’s not quite as good (8 WAR behind him).   

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's amazing, I never thought at the beginning of the season Pujols had a chance at 700 home runs. He's rejuvenated (read that however you wish) back with the Cardinals.

Barring some unfortunate circumstance or slump it's happening. 

I'm happy for Pujols and want 700 to happen for him this season, but the biggest thing I took away from that clip is that I can't wait for OPACY to be packed like that again with fans as excited for their team as Busch Stadium is right there.

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Gotta wonder if he’d consider coming back next year at this point, especially with the NL adopting the DH. 

He probably doesn’t but it’s gotta be hard to walk away when there’s still something left in the tank. 

I was thinking the same thing.   I get wanting to quit as bad as he'd become but now I just don't know.