Sunday August 28: Justin Verlander stands between Orioles and another sweep at Minute Maid Park

SteveA

Oh well. I was thinking we’d be lucky to get one in this series. We got two and held them to one run in 18 innings. 

Not gonna freak out about the wheels coming off in the 8th inning of the last game after two of our underperforming relievers have let this game get away. Voth had another strong start, the starting pitching lately has been great overall. 

Can’t win em all. But taking 2/3 every series will put you in a good spot. On to Cleveland after a well deserved off day tomorrow. Chin up, snowflakes. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Aristotelian said:

We have a better chance to tie the game with Adley and Chirinos than Stowers and a pitcher, plus I don't think Adley is allowed to catch today. 

Adley still gets to bat if you pinch hit for Chirinos and Adley moves to the field.   If we had hit Stowers for Chirinos last inning, Adley would still be in the lineup.   The pither would be in the 8 spot in the order which would probably not come around until the 10th and if it did we would just pinch hit for hte pitcher.

Stop it with the idea that if we hit for Chirinos, Adley doesn't get to keep hitting.   It is wrong.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Do we have another catcher I don't know about? I'm thinking Hyde wants Adley to hit in the 9th. 

Adley would still hit in the 9th.  The pitcher would go into Chirinos slot.   He probably pinch hits if a guy or two gets on then he would have been more inclined to pinch hit.  

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Adley still gets to bat if you pinch hit for Chirinos and Adley moves to the field.   If we had hit Stowers for Chirinos last inning, Adley would still be in the lineup.   The pither would be in the 8 spot in the order which would probably not come around until the 10th and if it did we would just pinch hit for hte pitcher.

Stop it with the idea that if we hit for Chirinos, Adley doesn't get to keep hitting.   It is wrong.

Ah, mea culpa, I stand corrected!