The Lopez trade is costing the O's wins

Three Run Homer

Maybe Cade Povich or one of the FCL kids will redeem the Jorge Lopez trade in the long run, but right now it is surely hurting this team's chances to make the playoffs.  As I write this the O's have fallen behind 2-0 because Hyde had to bring Bryan Baker in to preserve a scoreless tie in the 7th inning, and Baker couldn't get the job done.  

The O's bullpen has been a plus this season, but right now they are down to three reliable relievers--Bautista, Tate and Perez.  There is nobody else that I trust in a close game:

Joey Krehbiel:  2.91 ERA for the season, but 4.73 post ASB.

Bryan Baker:  4.22 ERA for the season, 4.15 post ASB

Keegan Akin:  2.86 ERA for the season, but 4.97 post-ASB.

And then you have the riders of the Norfolk shuttle.  I can see why the O's are trying to convert DL Hall to a reliever on the fly; I doubt it will work, because command doesn't tend to get better in short run.  

• Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Lopez has pitched 9 innings with the Twins, he has an ERA of 3 and a WHIP of 1.556.

The bullpen was going to regress.

It was..but it’s hurt more by Lopez not being here.

That said, you could have this same BP next year and if they pitched to a 5 ERA, no one should be surprised.  Most of these guys aren’t that by good.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Maybe Cade Povich or one of the FCL kids will redeem the Jorge Lopez trade in the long run, but right now it is surely hurting this team's chances to make the playoffs.  As I write this the O's have fallen behind 2-0 because Hyde had to bring Bryan Baker in to preserve a scoreless tie in the 7th inning, and Baker couldn't get the job done.  

The O's bullpen has been a plus this season, but right now they are down to three reliable relievers--Bautista, Tate and Perez.  There is nobody else that I trust in a close game:

And then you have the riders of the Norfolk shuttle.  I can see why the O's are trying to convert DL Hall to a reliever on the fly; I doubt it will work, because command doesn't tend to get better in short run.  

Scoring 1 run and dumb baserunning is not the fault of dealing Jorge 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Oh and Jorge’s WHIP 1.567 with Twins and 0.972 with us.. And K/9 was 10.1 with us, 7.0 with them.: he was traded at his peak and we likely would have had more blown saves if he was closing instead of Bautista. 

but we can’t know.. in Elias we trust lol 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Knee jerk reaction time!

• Upvote 2