Basebrawl coming

OriolesMagic83

Just now, Frobby said:

From Roch:

The rivalry between these teams boiled over again when the dugouts and bullpens emptied after Bryan Baker struck out Matt Chapman to end the top of the seventh and gestured toward the Jays’ dugout – specifically Teoscar Hernández, who had to be restrained by Jorge Mateo.

Manager John Schneider was ejected in the bottom of the seventh after plate umpire Jeff Nelson warned both benches.

“I didn’t understand the warnings,” Schneider said. “I didn’t understand why Bryan Baker was looking into our dugout after giving up a run on back-to-back days. I thought a couple pitches were close that Jeff didn’t agree with. I asked, ‘Was that down?’ and he threw me out, so I wasn’t quite sure what prompted that.

“I don’t think it was a Teo thing. I think it was Baker looking into our dugout like he has every time he’s pitched against us since he wasn’t part of our team.”

These teams have seven games remaining. Should be fun.

Oh, he looked in your general direction?  What an outrageous provocation.

That is a garbage organization.  Say what you will about the Yankees, but they don't act like this.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

From Roch:

The rivalry between these teams boiled over again when the dugouts and bullpens emptied after Bryan Baker struck out Matt Chapman to end the top of the seventh and gestured toward the Jays’ dugout – specifically Teoscar Hernández, who had to be restrained by Jorge Mateo.

Manager John Schneider was ejected in the bottom of the seventh after plate umpire Jeff Nelson warned both benches.

“I didn’t understand the warnings,” Schneider said. “I didn’t understand why Bryan Baker was looking into our dugout after giving up a run on back-to-back days. I thought a couple pitches were close that Jeff didn’t agree with. I asked, ‘Was that down?’ and he threw me out, so I wasn’t quite sure what prompted that.

“I don’t think it was a Teo thing. I think it was Baker looking into our dugout like he has every time he’s pitched against us since he wasn’t part of our team.”

These teams have seven games remaining. Should be fun.

One thing I don't understand about baseball "brawls" is why it the other teams' job to hold back your team members from fighting.  If Teoscar wants to do something stupid and catch himself a suspension, that's his business.  I would hate for Mateo to get hurt trying to stop him.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Very easy to fix if they wanted to. Leave the dugout or bullpen, automatically suspended 

With no appeal, ie have NY analyze the infraction just like challenges. Crossing a line in front of the dugout  (they can actually draw a line if they want) or passing the dugout steps would be the infraction. Team celebrations would be the exception.  

Edited by NashLumber

39 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Now that Norm MacDonald has passed, I think we should just nuke Canada.

Watch out, they have sleeper agents everywhere.  They walk among us undetected. Ryan Reynolds.  Seth Rogan.  Captain Kirk.  Keanu Reeves. Jim Carrey. Dan Akroyd. Michael J. Fox. Will Arnett. Mike Myers. The Sutherlands. Nathan Fillion. Eugene Levy. Martin Short. Rachel McAdams. Howie Mandel. Sandra Oh. Matthew Perry. Brendan Fraser. That kid Finn Wolfhard from Stranger Things.  They're everywhere! 

How do we know you're not Canadian? Huh?  We demand answers before we look up one day and it's winter 11 months a year, there's a thin veneer of maple syrup on everything and Anne Murray is on the radio 24/7.

Edited by DrungoHazewood
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Watch out, they have sleeper agents everywhere.  They walk among us undetected. Ryan Reynolds.  Seth Rogan.  Captain Kirk.  Keanu Reeves. Jim Carrey. Dan Akroyd. Michael J. Fox. Will Arnett. Mike Myers. The Sutherlands. Nathan Fillion. Eugene Levy. Martin Short. Rachel McAdams. Howie Mandel. Sandra Oh. Matthew Perry. Brendan Fraser. That kid Finn Wolfhard from Stranger Things.  They're everywhere! 

How do we know you're not Canadian? Huh?  We demand answers before we look up one day and it's winter 11 months a year, there's a thin veneer of maple syrup on everything and Anne Murray is on the radio 24/7.

That huh suggests you are a Canadian yourself.  You must be one of the self-hating types.

5 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Sure but you can’t suspend the whole team.  Huge fine for the team. 5 or 10 game suspension for the first player who leaves the dugout 

If they step out of the dugout en masse, it's on them to make the corresponding call-ups to replace the suspended players. I think that would be a deterrent. Either that or have to forfeit the next several games.  

10 minutes ago, Pickles said:

That huh suggests you are a Canadian yourself.  You must be one of the self-hating types.

Everyone knows it's Eh not Huh.  Feigning ignorance to hide your inner maple leaf?  I bet your real name is Guy (of course pronounced Gee) or Gordon. You're one of those wise guys trying to sneak Canadian nickels into US stores, aren't you?  We have ways of making you play football with four downs!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ledzepp8 said:

There's literally never been any mention of Bryan Baker staring into their dugout when he pitches, until now. Sorry, not buying it.

Maybe he was looking over there, because they were running their mouths from the dugout for three straight games.  I repeat: I've never heard a ML bench chirp like theirs has the past two days.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Everyone knows it's Eh not Huh.  Feigning ignorance to hide your inner maple leaf?  I bet your real name is Guy (of course pronounced Gee) or Gordon. You're one of those wise guys trying to sneak Canadian nickels into US stores, aren't you?  We have ways of making you play football with four downs!!!

The most virulent attacks are often masks for shame and embarrassment.

Just admit it: You're a self-hating Canadian.  You are ashamed of your heritage and the very blood that flows through your veins.

6 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Maybe he was looking over there, because they were running their mouths from the dugout for three straight games.  I repeat: I've never heard a ML bench chirp like theirs has the past two days.

No I understand why Baker gestured towards their dugout. I don't buy their excuse that Baker "always stares at our dugout every time he pitches". There has literally been no discussion about that ever, until they showed themselves as a bunch of babies last night.

5 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

There's literally never been any mention of Bryan Baker staring into their dugout when he pitches, until now. Sorry, not buying it.

Even if he did look (or even if he has a history of looking!) that is an incredibly poor excuse. As soon as they leave the bench you have 50+ guys on the field and much higher chance of turning a verbal (actually non-verbal) confrontation into a physical one. Very disproportionate and unprofessional. 

42 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

John Schneider looks like every overweight douchebag who wears too much Mossy Oak, drives a lifted Ford F-150 with a loud exhaust setup and is a couple double quarter-pounders away from a heart attack.  

As someone mentuoned, he really is a doppelgänger for DJ Stewart.