O's Fans Held Hostage - Day 23

bigbird

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Steve B bought this team, there would be no better gift to a city. He has done wonders for the Ravens Organization and would do his best to return pride to Charm City as the owner of the O's.

Personally, I'm not really a fan of it. I would be worried about Steve getting mixed up with Angelos and the Orioles.

Personally, I'm not really a fan of it. I would be worried about Steve getting mixed up with Angelos and the Orioles.

I would agree; Unless he was majority stockholder, then he could run the show with minimal input from PA. I would be worried about how he could manage to run both organizations, but I would be all for it if he could purchase the O's outright.

I don't know BB's source, but I didn't get the impression that he was selling the team.

I just was told that Bisciotti and Angelos discussed Steve coming into the ownership group possibly with Kevin Plank.

I don't think he is selling the team, he might step down but I really don't believe the Angelos family is going anywhere.

Are some of the minority owners looking to sell to Bisciotti? He bought the Ravens in stages, not all at once.

Isn't Geppi of comic book notoriety?

I can only imagine the jokes if he became majority owner and the O's continued their losing ways.

Geppi also has an Entertainment Museum, which is located in the Sports Legends Museum, right next to Camden Yards.

Isn't there something that prevents NFL owners from owning MLB teams and vice versa? Or am I missing something?

I asked the same question recently and SG said that the same person who owned the Dolphins owned the Marlins at the same time, IIRC.

I asked the same question recently and SG said that the same person who owned the Dolphins owned the Marlins at the same time, IIRC.
NFL rules allow for ownership in the same market.
In fact, Angelos' bid faces obstacles. NFL rules bar ''cross-ownership'': Controlling owners can't acquire teams in other pro leagues. One exception is for owners seeking more teams in the same market. Angelos contends that the Orioles and Redskins are in the same market.
Source - Business Week, 1998

As for everything else, Arrieta will have to play his way on to the team, but I think he can do it. Remember not many people were worried about Markakis' "service clock" if Arrieta plays his way on to the team let him start.

The FO wasn't worried about Markakis' service clock because they were not competent. AM would never have allowed that to happen. I seriously doubt we see any of our young players before the April 15th date. These kinds of details are the things that differentiate capable baseball operations from perennial losers. Hopefully AM is bringing the O's out of the first category and into the second.

Geppi also has an Entertainment Museum, which is located in the Sports Legends Museum, right next to Camden Yards.

And it is not doing very well IIRC.

Under Armour is not doing fantastically well either at the moment so I find this Kevin Plank idea a little curious (not that I don't trust Miller192, he's one of the most reputable posters here).

Archived