Monday October 3: Orioles try to ruin Blue Jay hopes of hosting wild card round, weather permitting

SteveA

5 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

We have got to learn how to hit with guys on base.  We had so many squandered opportunities this season because we couldn't come up with a hit with runners in scoring position. 

Can that be learned? Not being sarcastic, I never played so I don’t know. 

3 minutes ago, justD said:

Can that be learned? Not being sarcastic, I never played so I don’t know. 

The team has a .698 OPS overall, .702 with RISP, .693 with runners on, .701 with bases empty.

It's mostly random, but we win the games where we time it right and lose the games where we don't.

4 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

Os are 22nd in the majors in OBP, but the real story is they are 29th in BA, OBP, and OPS with RISP.  So they aren’t very good at getting on base and when they do get on, they are terrible at doing anything. 

The ability to hit (or not hit) w/ RISP is supposedly not a repeatable skill.  Maybe it was just bad luck.  Maybe if there is a slight normalization in RISP results, along w/ full seasons of Adley, Gunnar and whoever replaces Odor, that will be a drastically better offense.

11 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

Os are 22nd in the majors in OBP, but the real story is they are 29th in BA, OBP, and OPS with RISP.  So they aren’t very good at getting on base and when they do get on, they are terrible at doing anything. 

Splitting hairs here but I am seeing 22nd, 24th and 22nd. 

Edited by eddie83