Correa opts out…should the Os pursue him?

Sports Guy

11 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Idk why people keep citing a guy with less than 1,000 followers. He’s definitely not credible. 

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s a nobody. It’s ridiculous that his stuff is being posted.

12 minutes ago, Winter said:

someone live tweeting their MLB app video game offseason 

Figured as much lol.

Ah, the offseason, when thirsty O's fan will believe any rumor that says the Orioles are in on any good player no matter the source...

13 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

DISCLOSURE ******* Take this with a huge grain of salt******

Or you could just use your head and not post complete nobodies making absurd claims with absolutely nothing to back them up. I get that you want a big ticket free agent very badly but posting random Twiiter accounts with no credibility isn't going to force Mike Elias and John Angelos to comply with your wishes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Figured as much lol.

Ah, the offseason, when thirsty O's fan will believe any rumor that says the Orioles are in on any good player no matter the source...

Or you could just use your head and not post complete nobodies making absurd claims with absolutely nothing to back them up. I get that you want a big ticket free agent very badly but posting random Twiiter accounts with no credibility isn't going to force Mike Elias and John Angelos to comply with your wishes.

Debbie Downer….quit complaining 

1 minute ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Figured as much lol.

I hope the Orioles do sign him although I don’t think it will happen, so I can see you cry and complain.

32 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Same as above … Perhaps Boras wasn’t puffing

A seven year contract for a middle infielder coming off a sub par year mostly because our GM has previous ties to the player seems like a terrible idea. What in the world has Correa done to deserve a seven year contract?!? He's done nothing to improve his stock from the 2021/2022 other than stay healthy. Really really hate this move if the years are correct. 

Here's what I will say I doubt the credibility of these reports (but I want to believe them). 😁

If both Carlos Correa and Rodon can be had by us, I would be all over that and excited as can be! 

Yes both come with risk as almost all Free Agents do. But this would represent that we have turned a corner into relevancy and that we are really trying to win (which is all I can ask). If we did these 2 signings our lineup and rotation would be set!

We are about 60 million from making it happing... Why can't nice things happen to us for ONCE?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

A seven year contract for a middle infielder coming off a sub par year mostly because our GM has previous ties to the player seems like a terrible idea. What in the world has Correa done to deserve a seven year contract?!? He's done nothing to improve his stock from the 2021/2022 other than stay healthy. Really really hate this move if the years are correct. 

I don’t want him but he did have a WAR of 4.4 last year, which was his second best since 2018.

3 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

5.4 WAR in 2022 ….but he’s done nothing. 

3 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

The person saying this is making stuff up. They don’t even know what the time zone is at the Winter Meetings.

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

5.4 WAR in 2022 ….but he’s done nothing. 

He's peaked (28) and has only managed to top 500 ABs in three of eight big league seasons. And do you really want to have to play a former SS at DH and/or 1B in the latter years of the contract when he loses his range? We shouldn't be giving seven year deals to ANY free agents let alone Carlos Correa.