Teixeira Announcement at 1

yamminonemo6

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh god this press conference is awful I can't even stand watching him up there mentioning his great Baltimore herritage and growing up in Baltimore and loving Cal and Eddie..while wearing a Yankee jersey and standing in front of a Yankee banner.

Ugh god this press conference is awful I can't even stand watching him up there mentioning his great Baltimore herritage and growing up in Baltimore and loving Cal and Eddie..while wearing a Yankee jersey and standing in front of a Yankee banner.

If he really wanted to be here, he'd be here. Let's move on, folks...

Well that press conference made me sick.

It is all on Angelos on what he has done to this organization.

He needs to sell this team before we have any chance of turning it around.

Building youth is great but if you are just going to develop players who leave as soon as they reach free agency its just a moot point.

What kind of jacka$$ goes to an O's game to waatch Cal and Eddie wering a Yankee hat.:no::puke::puke::puke:

As much as it pains me, everything he's saying makes him sound true to himself. He says he wore a Yankees hat at O's games. He wants to win the world series. If those things are true, then he wasn't the die-hard Oriole fan we apparently thought he was, and he was never going to come here.

So we should stop feeling like the second coming of Cal Ripken just stabbed us in the back and went to the evil empire. Other than growing up near Baltimore, he apparently didn't have any other linkage to the Orioles.

Unless he's lying. ;)

Regardless, let's move on.

As much as it pains me, everything he's saying makes him sound true to himself. He says he wore a Yankees hat at O's games. He wants to win the world series. If those things are true, then he wasn't the die-hard Oriole fan we apparently thought he was, and he was never going to come here.

So we should stop feeling like the second coming of Cal Ripken just stabbed us in the back and went to the evil empire. Other than growing up near Baltimore, he apparently didn't have any other linkage to the Orioles.

Unless he's lying. ;)

Regardless, let's move on.

I totally agree with you.

Well, that press conference should put to rest the idea Mark Teixeira grew up an Orioles fan, if it wasn't obvious already. He basically gloated he wore a Yankees hat to Oriole games. And the guys on ESPN3, ugh I mean the MLB network said it was his boyhood dream to be a Yankee.

Well, nice smile there Mark. Lets see how big your smile is in June, when your off to your typical slow start, and when your hitting .260 10 40 in june, and the NY media is slamming you. Will you and Leigh love NY then!?

And I'm really sick of hearing how the Yankees spending is good for baseball. Its good for Yankee fans, that's all imo.

Archived