Teixeira Announcement at 1

yamminonemo6

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I'm really sick of hearing how the Yankees spending is good for baseball. Its good for Yankee fans, that's all imo.

Then why do the Yankees play in front of 40,000+ fans at Camden Yards when the Blue Jays, ChiSox, Mariners, Rangers, Twins ... just about every team but the Bosox play in front of less than half a stadium at OPACY?

The Yankees and Red Sox provide added revenue to the Orioles without the Orioles having to invest in an on field product.

Then why do the Yankees play in front of 40,000+ fans at Camden Yards when the Blue Jays, ChiSox, Mariners, Rangers, Twins ... just about every team but the Bosox play in front of less than half a stadium at OPACY?

The Yankees and Red Sox provide added revenue to the Orioles without the Orioles having to invest in an on field product.

Not to mention all the money that all the MLB teams get from increased Yankee merchandise sales...

His favorite player was Mattingly, that's why he liked the Yankees. But he was a fan of the Orioles growing up as well...

Oh, stop. That's absolute crap.

I don't care who his favorite player was. An O's fan does not wear a MFY cap to O's games.

Where were those fans in the 90's? Its called bandwagon fans. Casual fans go to see the big names. And NOBODY can afford to sign as many as the Yankees. Its not about winning, its about starpower. Did the Braves draw on the road when they were winning 14 or whatever straigt NL East titles without an AS at every position?

And if I'm not mistaken, the Yankees are exempt from the luxary tax this year, because they claimed that funding part of the new sadium was hurting them financially.

Also, the Yanks/RS fans invading the home stadiums on the road isn't just an entity that occurs in Baltimore. Its everywhere. So I guess everyone but the Yankees and Red Sox are poorly run franchises.

I don't care who his favorite player was. An O's fan does not wear a MFY cap to O's games.

They weren't the MFY until 1996 really and that was when Tex was a sophmore/junior in HS. The Orioles/Yankees rivalry wasn't really there until 1996 IMO because the Orioles were better than the Yankees.

It would be like an Oriole fan who liked Vernon Wells wearing a Blue Jays hat to Orioles games, or before they were good, a Carl Crawford fan wearing a Devil Rays hat.

Because Yankee spending is good for the Yankees and Yankee fans. It may be good for the Orioles' ownership, and local bars and such, but it isn't any good for me. It doesnt do Oriole's fans or National's fans or anyone else any good just because their home stadium is filled with Yankee fans.

No chance in hell an Oriole fan ever wears a Yankees hat to a game at Memorial or OPACY. How can you grow up minutes from Baltimore and wear a Yankees hat to an O's game. What a huge douche bag.

They weren't the MFY until 1996 really and that was when Tex was a sophmore/junior in HS. The Orioles/Yankees rivalry wasn't really there until 1996 IMO because the Orioles were better than the Yankees.

There's ALWAYS been a rivalry.

Archived