Teixeira Announcement at 1

yamminonemo6

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No chance in hell an Oriole fan ever wears a Yankees hat to a game at Memorial or OPACY. How can you grow up minutes from Baltimore and wear a Yankees hat to an O's game. What a huge douche bag.

Not sure why this is getting so much hubub now. Tex said in an article last year I think that he used to get crap for wearing a Mattingly jersey to an Orioles game.

For whatever reason this really has my blood boiling. Probably because he made it a point to mention Baltimore and his season tickets and wearing a Yankee hat at games.

Ugh, I really can't stand this guy.

What do you expect him to say at a press conference introducing him to the Yankee fans? "I was an Oriole fan, except Don Mattingly I spit on the Yankees, I hated them." Give the guy a break.

I'm sorry,but what a piece of crap.He went to O's games when he was younger and wore a Yankee cap.He was never really a Orioles fan.He never wanted to be here as he said he decided 2 weeks before Christmas.

Yeah, I mean I would definitely go home to an inferior organization for 50 million less than a premier one offered me. What is with that guy?:scratchchinhmm:

They weren't the MFY until 1996 really and that was when Tex was a sophmore/junior in HS. The Orioles/Yankees rivalry wasn't really there until 1996 IMO because the Orioles were better than the Yankees.

This statement is 100% wrong.

You clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

This statement is 100% wrong.

You clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Agreed. My dad grew up a Yankee fan and he always used to tell me how much he despised the O's as a kid.

Flash-forward to 1997 and we're embracing each other following a wire-to-wire season.

RIP Dad, the O's will win one for us some day....

Oh, stop. That's absolute crap.

I don't care who his favorite player was. An O's fan does not wear a MFY cap to O's games.

This is what I am talking about. Folks, lets move on because the world does not end at Mr. Tex.

Oh, BTW this is my first and last comment about Mr. Tex.

AND why is all of this negativity and rants going around at OH these days. I mean come on. We could even surprise ourselves. You never know what an MLB season brings for its fans. Let be positive guys and live through these hard times together. I am feeling like a hopeless Charlie Brown writing this post though :).

Not sure why this is getting so much hubub now. Tex said in an article last year I think that he used to get crap for wearing a Mattingly jersey to an Orioles game.

I think its getting more "hubub" now, because the general perception was that Tex grew up a die-hard O's fan, which was clearly a lie.

I can't remember it word for word, but Teixeira himself said "that he wore a Yankees hat to Orioles games, and doing that in the late 80's and early 90's was a dangerous thing, but that's what being a Yankees fan and now a Yankee is all about".

Mark Teixeira was a Yankee fan, not just an Oriole fan that liked Mattingly.

Either way, I'm done with it. I hope he can handle the pressures of NY when he's slumping and the press is killing him. I don't get the sense he can handle it. But, that may be just wishful thinking.

Tex wanted to play for the best team in baseball, as any "elite" player would. Being a part of the heritage of that franchise is worth more than the money (well not really but it sounds nice :D).

I don't think we can blame him. I wish I could say this would be the end of all the Tex ranting but I imagine it will be unbearable around opening day.

Archived