Orioles 2022 #20 Prospect - Noah Denoyer - RHP

Tony-OH

11 hours ago, Just Regular said:

This would feel to me like Kurt Warner stuff if he made it.    I'll give grace to 2020 UDFA's as they could have been 6th-10th rounders in another world, but in a full draft that'd really be a find for the signing scout, OMAR's algorithm or whatever it was.

Here he is crushing the Eastern League at K-BB% on a near Grayson scale - 2nd out of 99 guys throwing 50 IP in the league last year.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/minor-league?pos=all&level=0&lg=5&stats=pit&qual=50&type=1&team=&season=2022&seasonEnd=2022&org=&ind=0&splitTeam=false&players=&sort=11,1

Balls in play - 30 hits in 51 innings pretty stingy, reminds me of Bryan Baker AAA before we got him.   8 of the 30 home runs - feels like a lot of taters for a hit suppressor, but I assume he is just another lab experiment of burnish your stuff and throw it to the middle of the zone.    Excellent AA hitters can handle it, AA filler guys get crushed.    

Another reason why in 15 pitch chunks Grayson Rodriguez might be some years qualifying for an ERA title.    I trust the pitch data from Arizona was a bit of a final exam for this decision, and he made it.

His 12.4 K/9 last year has to be top 5 in our system.