RF

Stowers

Mazara

Cordero

Cameron

Cowser

C

ADLEY

MCCANN (may not go on the road as veteran)

Bemboom

Handley

Kolozvary

DH

Anyone

Edited by wildcard
  • Upvote 2

Caps  means stretched on as starters

Just my guess.

Kremer and Tate at WBC

(8)

GIBSON

BRADISH

GRAYSON

WELLS

WATKINS

HALL

VOTH

BAUMANN

(14)

Bautista

Perez

Givens

Baker

Akin

Hernandez

Krehbiel

Gillaspie

Politi

Cano

Denoyer

Zimmermann

Rom

Vaillmont

Edited by wildcard
  • Upvote 2

Just an FYI wildcard... in my initial post in the Urias thread I said that the WBC guys wouldn't be in camp at all.

I believe I was wrong.   They will not report to their teams until March 3 (teams competing in Asia) or March 6 (teams competing in the US).  

All the Orioles are on teams competing in the US.   So that means they will report to Sarasota and be with the O's through approximately March 4, which means they'll be with the team for the first 7 or 8 preseason games.

https://www.mlb.com/news/world-baseball-classic-2023-workout-dates

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mayo might see some time as well on the road. Haskin too since no Mullins. Maybe even Fabian. Also, we’ll have like a million guys in ST, but I’ll be looking to see Mayo’s power, or Fabian’s tools, late in some ST game. 

Yeah I expect we’ll see Mayo up for a few games. Even John Rhodes got some ST ABs last year. 

3 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I think Cody Roberts will also be in camp as a catcher, atleast early on to help with bullpens.

Cody will be in camp but it will just be with Philadelphia   as he was picked in the AAA version of the Rule 5.    

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

What is the protocol for AAA starters in spring training? Denoyer and Rom should be starting in AAA, but not sure if that means they need to be stretched out in spring.

What has happened in the past is that starters like Denoyer and Rom pitch 1 or 2 innings per outing in major league camp and when they need to stretch to 3 innings they are send to the minor league camp to get their innings.

Edited by wildcard

3 hours ago, waroriole said:

Yeah I expect we’ll see Mayo up for a few games. Even John Rhodes got some ST ABs last year. 

If memory serves, last year Elias would call some minors over to the major league camp for certain games.   They would go back to minor league camp after that game.

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If memory serves, last year Elias would call some minors over to the major league camp for certain games.   They would go back to minor league camp after that game.

Last year was a very abbreviated ST for sure.  But the past few you would often see 2-5 guys on the rosters as JIC's (Just in Case).  A lot of the MiLB arms would get thrown in early if a started got shelled or hit their pitch count before an inning was over or the last 3-4 innings would be MiLB arms and position players getting some time.    I remember more names on the travel rosters and even more on the more distant games.  I think the MiLB camp guys get an extra $70 a day being on game rosters for per diem those days.    I think management likes them getting the exposure, what to look forward to, etc...  

From a MiLB player on a MLB camp game roster... , giphy.gif

I'm especially interested in seeing what Westburg and Cowser can do.  I think both could play important roles on the 2023 teams.  If Westburg puts up a 1.000 OPS in spring training does he get a spot?  Cowser I think will stay in AAA for a while regardless, but I'm hoping he will be a starting COF by the All Star break.

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm especially interested in seeing what Westburg and Cowser can do.  I think both could play important roles on the 2023 teams.  If Westburg puts up a 1.000 OPS in spring training does he get a spot?  Cowser I think will stay in AAA for a while regardless, but I'm hoping he will be a starting COF by the All Star break.

I don't think Spring Training performance makes much of difference.  More likely to happen with a pitcher than a hitter is my thought.

• Upvote 1