2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

25 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Guys, sometimes people just get off days.

Yeah, I mean... of course this is gonna happen from time to time. As long as the future of the franchise isn't languishing on the bench for long periods of time, whatever.

It's all perfectly fine with me so long as they're continuing to win. 

7 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So Mullins, Hays and Hicks are banged up? Yes, I see Hicks is playing tonight but he was sore yesterday and couldn't play.

I don't know if I buy the story every-time they say someone is banged up, sore, or injured. The timing suggests to me it's all a cover story to change the lineup and provide and excuse to why some player is not in the lineup.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Well clearly this is because Hays and Mullins are banged up. So Hyde chose to play Mountcastle over Westburg, basically. And you don't want to use Westburg at DH in case you need to move infielders around later in the game. There is literally no other option on the bench. 

Your mom is banged up. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Cowser is getting on base. 

The Orioles have multiple outfielders dealing with nagging injuries and they're still winning games. Now is a good time to give Cowser enough rope to see if he can stick with the O's or if he has to go back to Norfolk when another pitcher needs to be added to the roster.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I don't know if I buy the story every-time they say someone is banged up, sore, or injured. The timing suggests to me it's all a cover story to change the lineup and provide and excuse to why some player is not in the lineup.

Who do they need to make excuses to? I doubt they care if the tiniest fraction of their die-hard fans are a little miffed that someone isn't getting enough lineup time. Certainly not enough to craft an official story.

It can't be for the player's benefit. They could just ask the guy in the locker room.

I still fully believe we need more dominate middle relievers, and am equally as pissed as you all about baker yesterday, but I don’t think he deserves as much hate as he got. 
he inherited a runner on first and second with zero outs and was able to get 2, then got robbed of a strikeout, then got to a 0-2 count. 
He threw one bad pitch, but even then he through the pitch brad and the others thought he would. The dodgers are probably a top 2 hitting lineup in the league, and they made a good play.