2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

Just now, NCRaven said:

The are two military branches.  The Army and the Navy.  The Air Force is a Fortune 500 Company and the Marine Corps is a cult. 😉

I managed to get someone here upset back in the day for saying that the Coast Guard didn't count because they weren't part of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I managed to get someone here upset back in the day for saying that the Coast Guard didn't count because they weren't part of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

I remember that.  That’s upset as I’ve ever seen someone on here. 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Used to be Department of Transportation.  Now Homeland Security, I think.  Gotta give the Coasties credit, they were the river patrol boat guys in Vietman.  Before my time in thank God.

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I remember that.  That’s upset as I’ve ever seen someone on here. 

Some folks can not take a joke.

As a vet I was not actually denigrating the Coast Guard.

I also had someone accuse me of being racist when a made a crack about gingers not having souls.  They tried to tell me that only a very small group of people had naturally red hair.  After I pointed out that King David was a red head they shut up.

Edited by Can_of_corn
  • Haha 1

3 straight games of Santander not in RF.   Kind of plays into a Cowser conspiracy theory.   I think Vavra is on the Stowers program and although he had a key hit last night he turned a catchable ball into a double as well. 

I like Vavra’s approach but he’s got no speed or power and his defense doesn’t seem to be ML average anywhere.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

3 straight games of Santander not in RF.   Kind of plays into a Cowser conspiracy theory.   I think Vavra is on the Stowers program and although he had a key hit last night he turned a catchable ball into a double as well. 

I like Vavra’s approach but he’s got no speed or power and his defense doesn’t seem to be ML average anywhere.   

He strikes me a throwback guy from the 80's.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

He did make a very nice throw to the plate from RF last night, though the runner beat the throw by an eyelash. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

He strikes me a throwback guy from the 80's.

He’s a scrapper as they say.  He gets the most out of the talent he has but it seems like there isn’t a lot there.    Made a better throw than I expected from RF to home too, last night.

16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

3 straight games of Santander not in RF.   Kind of plays into a Cowser conspiracy theory.   I think Vavra is on the Stowers program

My tinfoil hat fits a little better now.  I think Vavra gets an even shorter leash than Stowers, but who knows...