Heston Kjerstad 2023

Three Run Homer

33 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

Glad to see him progressing nicely after his 2 year injury. I had accepted that he had his career taken from him by injury, but this year has been a rebirth say to speak. It's pretty hard to swallow the #2 overall pick being a bust by injury. That's an investment that you want to see some return on. They don't hand out #2 overall picks like candy on Halloween.

I feel like that's just a fact of life in baseball whether due to injury or otherwise. Many examples of tippity top picks that amount to nothing. That the Orioles have seemingly hit on all four of theirs under this front office deserves credit.

• Upvote 1

Also, by the time they retrieved the ball he was crossing home plate, he has some wheels too. On the Bowie page for HK is a triple where he was digging hard toward 2b and standing on 3B taking off his protectors. They didn't even throw to the base. I don't know what his routes are like or how fast he reacts, but IMO he has plenty of Run skill to play RF.

11 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

Also, by the time they retrieved the ball he was crossing home plate, he has some wheels too. On the Bowie page for HK is a triple where he was digging hard toward 2b and standing on 3B taking off his protectors. They didn't even throw to the base. I don't know what his routes are like or how fast he reacts, but IMO he has plenty of Run skill to play RF.

He is quite fast.  I think his skillset would be greatly underused at 1b.   I'm thinking Kjerstad RF and Santander to 1b.